Japan and Japanese (2 Viewers)

Pushing the limits, and other people's buttons...
 
Last seen August 1 so that is very worrying
 
Yes. He has been out for some time. I enjoy his posts and insight.
 
Some beautiful photos found on the net, photographed by Hidenobu Suzuki. His website is pretty awesome.

sakura_blooming_in_japan_hidenobu_suzuki_01.jpg

sakura_blooming_in_japan_hidenobu_suzuki_02.jpg

sakura_blooming_in_japan_hidenobu_suzuki_03.jpg

sakura_blooming_in_japan_hidenobu_suzuki_04.jpg
 
Is Shinpachi, Dr Yashuo Izawa?
I, too, have not seen his posts and wondered of his well being. I found this and was concerned.

 
 
Fortunately no but it would be nice to know why he has gone quiet.
I seem to recall that Shinpachi was growing weary of translating Yosegaki Hinomaru flags and I can underatand why.
The effort taken to translate handwritten messages is time-consuming but it must be emotional for him to read these messages given to a soldier who more than likely perished and their personal possession taken a souvanier.
 
This was always a good thread and I would hate to see it die so here is an interesting story on repurposing buildings that maybe other countries need to look at.

 
I wonder if she may be related to Hiroyoshi Nishizawa?
They are not related. Nishizawa is a common last name in Nagano prefecture. When my mother and I visited Ogawa village in Nagano where Hiroyoshi Nishizawa is from we saw many people's last name are Nishizawa. When I go back to Japan I'll find out why it's a common name there.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back