Japanese aircraft documents

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MiTasol

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2012
Aw flaming stralia
Following a link provided by Shinpachi to the Japanese archives I found a number of Japanese engine and aircraft manuals so I will post all here by providing links as this is a site that should never disappear.

The basic link is http://dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/

After pid/ you will need to add the document number from the right hand column in the table below. I know it contains errors but I have identified the most obvious ones with yellow highlighter and the questions that needs resolving. As soon as anyone can provide the correct information I will update the table. Anything in bold italic is my addition as are the first two columns which I would like to complete so anyone can quickly find the manual that may help them. Some of the airframe manuals are already on the forum.

1576726235477.png

I have had a quick look at the Oxygen Inspirators and they are oxygen system manuals. Can someone please identify which aircraft they are fitted to.

Last edited:
"Vacuum pump for feeding lubricating oil" should be translated "Hydraulic pump". The term "真空 (sinku)" means both vacuum and suction.
Good job MiTasol.

Link took me here...

Now the @#$% thing is not working for me either.
For another file I found a few days back while inputing random numbers in the address bar to see what popped up - before I learned how to get the English version of each page and how to download pdfs from the site - at page 世界飛行機構造図集. 昭和16年版 - 国立国会図書館デジタルコレクション I found an interesting document on the Me-110 and all I have is two screenshots that I kept so I could go back once I worked out how to navigate the site
I am now getting this in two different browsers
1576699424078.png

1576700128223.png

1576700532293.png

Files attached are from the JACAR site. Unfortunately I did not save the URL.
The Prototype Shiden-Kai Provisional Operating Instructions Manual was a single file that I had to split to fit on this site.

EDIT I could not get the file to upload so I went looking for the original url which is 試製紫電改仮取扱説明書

Interestingly in the index it showed up as - click on browse to go to the download page
1577584231549.png

and on the download page as - click on PDF to download the file - 64mb
1577584342465.png

Last edited:
A blueprint

EDIT Part B file was no longer necessary when the previous post two part manual replaced by a url

Attachments

• Prototype Shiden-Kai Blueprint (plan showing arrangement of weights, centers of gravity, and i...jpg
    Prototype Shiden-Kai Blueprint (plan showing arrangement of weights, centers of gravity, and i...jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Perhaps someone with better internet connection has saved them, so that person can repost them here?

My comment was about the 1st posts.

Last edited:
Thanks Tomo for the clarification

There are two options

Option one is to cut and paste the url http://dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/ into your browser do not press enter. Then type the number in the right column that corresponds to the document you want after the url and press enter.

Option two is to follow the link to Manual for operating Type 93, heavy bomber model No. 2 with drawings prepared by Army Air headquarters, May 1935. Report No. 15n(1), USSBS Index Section 2 - 国立国会図書館デジタルコレクション That will bring you to this page
1577571069517.png

If you want, change the language using the dropdown menu above the red arrow
Now SLOWLY click twice on the underlined number, then double click the number and you can replace it with the number you need. If it is a similar number (say 8815789) you can do a third single click after the last digit and use backspace to remove the 43 and type in 89.

Hope this helps - if not I guess I will have to learn how to create a short video of it.

Last edited:
Here is a file I found on the JACAR site that has the official title Updating structural manual of type 91 fighter aircraft
If anyone can provide a clearer title I would appreciate it. I suspect it is a Revision to the Structural manual for the type 91 fighter

Attachments

• Updating structural manual of type 91 fighter aircraft.pdf
    723.3 KB · Views: 222
Thank you.
I've tried on my own yesterday, and entered 'USSBS Nakajima' on the search field. And lo and behold - a lot of reports tables and graphs about Nakajima's production of engines and aircraft, bomb damage assesment, persons involved, workforce etc. Choosing the English language option is a major help.
I'll post stuff here if anyone is interested in 10-12 days, when I'm back from Germany.
Here is the pg.6 of the search result: link.
A 661 pg report about Nakajima production: link

Report about Aichi company: link

Short & sweet - Aichi production figures (both A/C and engines): link

Last edited:
So is there any way of getting this> Experimental research on the effectiveness of ailerons and elevators, May 1937, by Aeronautical Research Institute, Tokyo Imperial University. Report No. 15n(46), USSBS Index Section 2 - 国立国会図書館デジタルコレクション ?
As it says: "This material is not published on the Internet because it is under copyright protection or copyright has not been confirmed. If you would like to browse, please visit the National Diet Library.", so does it mean I would have to show up in person to get a look ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back