Ju-87 "d yellow" the st.g2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A nice collection Njaco. All of these Ju-87s are of D series.

njaco sorry these pictures are from the series "Dora" that's one or two years after the model I'm looking but serve serve for other jobs.

Ok. I don't think you will find any 'B' models with T6 in winter camo. It looks like most Ju-87Bs for StG 2 were in North Africa.

13.jpg
Captured_Ju_87B_in_North_Africa_1941.jpg

I doubt if you'll find a 'B' from StG 2 in a winter camouflage. As far as I know, without checking their history, after 1940 they moved from France to the Balkans and North Africa. If they served on the east front, then, by that time, the 'D' would have been in service.

Not the best of pictures but the caption says a white-washed aircraft-winter'41-'42. From the book "St.G 2 Immelmann", the squadron was equipped with new aircraft, Ju87D-1 in mid-June'42. So, there is hope, Sergio, that your aircraft may have been covered in white.

sergio.JPG

Geo

thanks guys for your help I'm rummaging through the books I have and because of my clumsiness is full with scanneo of pictures so I brought the book to a friend who has passed me the pdf and from there I put 4 photos.

Eksmo-JunkersJu87Stuka72_zpsdf425f44.jpg

Kagero_Miniatury_Lotnicze_2170_zps6d341826.jpg

Kagero_Miniatury_Lotnicze_2169_zps8a30ebd9.jpg

Kagero_Miniatury_Lotnicze_2167_zpsaf4161e8.jpg

in the STG2 Kagero monograph says that the June 22, 1941 at 3 am the III./ST.g2 went into action at the start of Operation Barbarossa, operating from camps Prussia and Poland, in August entered the I. / ST.G two attacking a communication bridge knot in mosta risto in November the I. / Was supporting the offensive on Moscow, since December the III. /, According to Maj. paul-Werner says Hozzel spent most of the Russian counter trying to save the aircraft, as follows trascurriendo dates says de1942 mid June was re-equipped with the new Ju 87 D-1, so I understand that in the winter 1941 were following equipped with the b / r 2 as the invasion of Russia.
in the book from the publisher Eksmo (written in Russian, and as I know nothing of Russian) I think so, also has a photo mentions that time.

one pic more

combatlegendju87stukapd.png

is the book of airlife publishing (crowood press) of robert jackson

Last edited:
This is the standard RLM70/71/65 camo scheme covered with the white washable paint. So what is the problem Sergio?

No problem, the issue was to see if anyone had any photos that look better the plane since I have is poor and white washing varies greatly from one model to another, and as I put in post # 7 the profile comes in the decals is not correct.

I insert pics by anecdotal issues, because while I look at the books I have or I leave because I think someone would be interested,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back