Hi Nikademus?
>starting to wonder if there's a problem with linking here. You didn't seem to see my link to the Ju-87 online page. And when i click, i do go to another part of this site but i'm not seeing the particular post that's being referenced.
odd.
Hm, seems you are right as Flyboyj had the same problem in another thread - my precise link was not taking him to the correct post. I usually spend quite some effort on finding the posts I'd like to reference so that the reader can access it easily, so it's a bit frustrating that it doesn't seem to work for others

Strangely, it always works when I test it!
I create these links by simply pasting the URL into the post and not using any of the user interface buttons, leaving it to the forum software to create the proper HTML. I'll have a look at the HTML ...
Did you already post the link to the Stuka site in the post #138 in this thread? I only saw it in the post #148 (and our following posts) of this thread.
(As basically the information regarding armour is not more exact to that of the Betriebshandbuch mentioned earlier except for naming the number of the Umbausatz, I thought it didn't provide much new information, which is why I didn't give it deeper consideration. It was not a question of the URL working or not
>Did you click on the link i posted and you just quoted in your last reply? Here it is again. If you'll reread post#138 you'll see I wrote "the Ju-87B-2/U3 featured "increased" armor for the close support
role"
Roger, I saw that. Problem is, we still don't know the status of the Battle-of-Britain Stukas (which were not used for close support, but of course they could have carried the extra armour anyway since they clearly was the need for it).
The problem with the site itself is that it lists Green's work as one of the sources, and while Green has done great work in general, it seems generally to be accepted that details from his book should better be cross-checked with independend modern sources.
>Interesting. It would be puzzling why they'd build an unarmored version of the Stuka when even the Hs-123 that preceeded it supposedly had 'some' armor.
I'm surprised, too. It had been my impression that the Luftwaffe was one of the few airforces to have recognized the need for armour early on, based on their experience in the Spanish Civil War.
>As mentioned....statistics or not, it all still comes down to interpretation and context.
Still, disagreeing over statistics is a lot more scientific than disagreeing over reputations
Regards,
Henning (HoHun)