ju87 J9+LL (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ikerus

Airman 1st Class
Sep 15, 2009
indianapolis, IN
I have two conflicting photos of the stuka J9+LL. One picture has a yellow L on the yellow band, and the other has a blue one. Which is correct? Or are they both correct just dependant on where they were located at the time? Does anyone have a bigger picture of the unit symbol and the word that is on the front?

"Yellow L on a yellow band" sounds odd though yellow would normally be the squadron colour for the 3 staffel of I Gruppe. Would help if you cold post the pics.

This is all I found so far..from the scn.ru / Wings Palette site.

ju87r-2.JPG

EDIT. Further digging, same site.(Just to add to your confusion)

ju87r-2 ^.JPG

OTHER EDIT. Andy, there's another profile J9+AL...yellow A outlined in black on the yellow band, same time frame as the two above.

Geo

Last edited:
So at the moment I cant find the yellow band with the yellow L one I was refering to, if I find it again I will post it.

I could believe the yelow L outlined in black.

Geo, I think those profiles came from Wings Pallette which you need to take with a BIG grain of salt.

i believe it was a L outlined in black. Granted that the profiles posted above need to be taken with a grain of salt, are both correct or are neither right?

These guys have it as Yellow L with black outline. I can't vouch for the accuracy though. Dang why didn't they have toys like that when I was growing up. The yellow makes sense though as the Yellow was correct for the 3rd Staffel (L) individual aircraft letter.

Last edited:
A good pic of the real aircraft would readily reveal the presence of a black outlined letter on the yellow theater band. If the L looks solid, then we have a different issue.

I would expect a good photo to be in existence, seeing as this particular scheme seems to have been extensively profiled and used as a basis for toys and RC planes. It's just finding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back