Julia Child - A SPY! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
"Famed chef Julia Child shared a secret with Supreme Court Justice Arthur Goldberg and Chicago White Sox catcher Moe Berg at a time when the Nazis threatened the world. They served in an international spy ring managed by the Office of Strategic Services, an early version of the CIA created in World War II by President Franklin Roosevelt."

Documents detailing early spy network released - Yahoo! News

...and for the record, Jacques Pepin should have given her more respect.

...care to elaborate?? Pepin and Child were colleagues on a cooking show and both had a great deal of respect for eachother. My mom worked as a professional pastry chef for over 15 years and I've had to endure those damn shows for the better part of my youth...never saw Pepin show any lack of respect for Julia Child.

BS actually through some detailed interviews over 25 years ago she in fact served with the Maquis,

serving luncheons between going out and sabotaging trains

...care to elaborate?? Pepin and Child were colleagues on a cooking show and both had a great deal of respect for eachother. My mom worked as a professional pastry chef for over 15 years and I've had to endure those damn shows for the better part of my youth...never saw Pepin show any lack of respect for Julia Child.

Sorry Arsenal, I mistook him being french as being as ass. My mistake. His constant snickering at her aged remarks and silly effing smile on his face was and is obnoxious. Almost as obnoxious as his mentally challenged daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back