Jumo 213 manual request

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only running Jimo 213 in the world in the Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-13 that is in the Museum of Flight in Seattle? I KNOW gthat one runs because it used to belong to the CHamplin Fighter Museum in Mesa, Arizona and they started it up one night at an art sale in about 19987 or so, along with their P-40 that had only 40 hours on the airframe!

That P-40 had been flown from the assembly line to the boneyard, and the pilots played with it for about 40 hours along the way.

The Jumo sounded different but very good. Beautiful to hear and see. Wish I could have seen it fly more than once. The one time I DID see it fly was when they flew it once at an airshow at Falcon Field in the 1980's. It made 2 - 3 circuits of the field and I never saw it fly again. The airshow was put on by the Desert Sportsmens Pilots Association (DSPA), and was always a good one. I remember Leo Loudenslager's Laser 200 act was spectacular to see, but seeing the Fw 190D fly was the highlight for me.

Alright, I'll correct you. The Fw 190D-13 is at the Flying Heritage Collection in Everett about 30 min. north of the Museum of Flight. However, you were correct about the P-40. Facts aside, it is wonderful that they got it running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back