JUNKER 88 CRASH IN TOULOUSE : CREW NAMES ? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 22, 2009
Good morning,

I found the remains of a Junker 88 shot down on 6 January 1944 at 19H30 GMT close to Toulouse (South West of France), while on approach to Francazal airfield.
This JU88 was shot down by a mosquito and I have the name of the mosquito pilot.

Now, I try to know more about this JU88 : how could I obtain the names of the crew, the aircraft S/N, the markings, the KG number, a copy of the Luftwaffe tag mentionning this crash ?

Anyhelp welcome.

Hi Gillies,

I consulted the Junkers production list and could not locate the actual aircraft.

Have you researched KG30 "Adler" based at Istres in January 1944 ?
Haupt Schulz was the C/O. This was the only Ju-88 unit in Southern France at the time. Most others were in the Eastern front, or northern Norway.

Maybe a Google search for KG30 will throw up some more facts ?

Thanks for your answer, I shall search KG30 on google but I am afraid it is not precise enough.

I also know there were other KG in the area : for instance KG76 in Bordeaux.

I would love to get is the names of the crews : for this, the best would be to go to the german files, but I understand it is very difficult.

If somebody has an idea to find any data on this JU88 shot down on 6 Jan 1944 in Toulouse area, I would be delighted.

Gilles
Hi from Toulouse to New Zealand and have a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back