Junkers Ju-52 Manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Junkers,

>the only problem today is that most Ju 52 `s that fly with Pratt and Whithney engines have threebladed propellers..instead of two.. but the only reason ( as what i have been told by the lufthansacrew ) is that the twobladed ones make to much noise ( way more than the T-6 ) so that is why they go with the threebladed like the C-47

Absolutely right. When D-AQUI was new to Germany, it had the two-bladed propellers, and the sound was amazingly powerful even if it was far away and flying high (and due to the low speed of the JU 52, it seemed to be static in the air ;) . By comparison, the three-bladed propellers hardly make any sound at all. I thought the noisy variant sounded better!

The Swiss Ju-Air Ju 52s still have two-bladed propellers as far as I know, and the AZ+JU (French, I believe) does too.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Attachments

• PE2008A23_028_25.jpg
    PE2008A23_028_25.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 395
  • PE2008A20_023_20.jpg
    PE2008A20_023_20.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 366
here is two pictures taken today from the inside of the Ju 52 on display at Gardermoen. this Ju 52 has all guns mounted and is the only one on display today with 4 machineguns.one in front..one in the back and one on each side. this Ju 52 has been restored to look as it did when taking part in operation Weserubung ( invasion of Norway ) this is one of the 11 that was lost at lake hartvigwater in april 1940

Attachments

• diverse 032.jpg
    diverse 032.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 444
  • diverse 033.jpg
    diverse 033.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 453
two pictures fromk the Lufthansa Ju 52 when visiting Norway and taking part in the norvegian movie about Hamsun ( norvegian writer and traitor )
got a nice little flight in that bird back then:)

Attachments

• Ju 52 startup.jpg
    Ju 52 startup.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 401
  • flying the Ju52.jpg
    flying the Ju52.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 396
Hi Junkers,

>here is two pictures taken today from the inside of the Ju 52 on display at Gardermoen.

Thanks a lot! There is the fuselage of a Ju 52 raised from a lake in Norway at the aviation museum in Hanover Laatzen, but as wing-less torso, it really doesn't compare to the great example you photographed! :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi Junkers,

>two pictures fromk the Lufthansa Ju 52 when visiting Norway and taking part in the norvegian movie about Hamsun ( norvegian writer and traitor )

>got a nice little flight in that bird back then:)

Wow, that must have been great! :)

Coincidentally, D-AQUI flew right over me just today ... despite its three-bladed propellers, I recognized the sound quickly enough to grab my camera and snap a couple of shots.

Here is D-AQUI showing off its corrugated lower surfaces as well as its modern registration, D-CDLH (C for 5.7 to 14 t maximum gross weight, DLH a "vanity registration" for Deutsche Lufthansa).

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Attachments

• DSC06209_bearbeitet-1.jpg
    DSC06209_bearbeitet-1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 394
nice shoot..i never knew that about the registration :) learn something new every day.. do you have any pictures of the one in Hanover ?
it was nice to get a ride in that old lady !! :)

best regards
Guttorm

is the one in hanover the one they have painted two different codes on..one on each side..because i know there is one that got two codes and is in silver with military coeds ( including ours..CA+JY ) that i never understood why they did...( or is that the one i speyer..i think thats the one in speyer ) as i know three went to germany..one to the Junkersmuseum ( that is really nice restored ) the other to wunstorf ( lovely restored in WW2 original colours )
and one is speyer..not sure about the one in hanover..pics would be appriciatetd :)

GF

Hi Guttorm,

>do you have any pictures of the one in Hanover ?

Hm, I just looked through my pictures, and it appears I don't have any though I have much of the museum covered. However, I'm going to meet a friend today who might have some ... I'll ask him! :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Added another manual on first page, same source as before.

Enjoy!!!

here is some pictures of the Ju 52 stored at gardermoen..its a germanbuildt junkers and not a casa. this Junkers 52 took part in the spanish civil war..poland and then the attack on Norway. Its a earlybuildt Ju 52 and had the lower bucketgunnerposition during the spanish civilwar ( its mountings, ladder down and brackets are still under the floor
its a Ju 52/3m g4e werkenumber 6657
note the open roofhatch on one picture..and also the vertical that is offcenter..this is to prevent some of the torq from the three engines..this is ofcourse something that is wrong on every plastickit as then its centered..

Hi.
You are true. I found this vertical stabilizer offset only on the Herpa 1:160 D-AQUI metal model. They wrote in the model document: This offset is to counteract propeller slipstream.
919F3041-D4AC-4EB1-8CC9-4AE5153DBFA4.jpeg
B71E2CA8-1183-43DD-9630-A35844C707CB.jpeg

Last edited:
here is some pictures of the Ju 52 stored at gardermoen..its a germanbuildt junkers and not a casa. this Junkers 52 took part in the spanish civil war..poland and then the attack on Norway. Its a earlybuildt Ju 52 and had the lower bucketgunnerposition during the spanish civilwar ( its mountings, ladder down and brackets are still under the floor
its a Ju 52/3m g4e werkenumber 6657
note the open roofhatch on one picture..and also the vertical that is offcenter..this is to prevent some of the torq from the three engines..this is ofcourse something that is wrong on every plastickit as then its centered..
According to manual it's to counter "Luftschraubendrall" whatever this means
Maybe these are same things. Less throttle less leg, more throttle more leg. I already edited my previous post.

49A20D3B-1BA6-4129-A40A-B49E80A2A158.jpeg

• Junkers Ju 52/3m (Amiot AAC.1 Toucan) 7208 ex F-BBYB is on display at the Belgrade Aeronautical Museum, Serbia.
  • Aeromagazin (Hungary) photo.

DB3FC83A-5B1D-404A-A09F-D7454D8CE735.jpegD2112C04-D5C1-4962-90C9-A3051BC4B9C2.jpeg8F4893E4-CF0B-4F3D-83EA-A55FBAC87148.jpegFA78A931-1962-499A-86CF-4EC3BF04AD1B.jpeg9235E307-4ADA-4016-A3BF-3A78EEDE4D77.jpeg

An original Ju-52/3m, "Ju-52 Hangar" Wunstorf, Germany. My friend's Messenger photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back