Kills....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Just wondering here.... DID the Bf 109 and Fw 190 shoot down the most enemy aircraft of all during WWII? Does anyone know their total score from '39 to '45?

So much of German records is either lost or in un-assembled piles to get a clear picture of any semblance of a final award/credit accounting.

Having said that the answer is 'yes'... with the 109 at the top over the Fw190. I would guess that the number is not even close between the Fw 190 and the Me 109.

I do not think we will ever be able to know how many kills were actually credited by the 109. I believe I have read somewhere that alone on the East Front 109 pilots claimed 12,000+ kills.

Don't forget the Bf109's career extended back before WWII with its involvement in the Spanish Civil War and after WWII, albeit in somewhat more modest numbers, as the Avia S-199. Not sure if it scored any kills in this later stage of its career.

I'm sure there were a few "Me109" kills over Israel in the late '40s, I just can't confirm it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back