Kit question (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robert Porter

Senior Master Sergeant
I occasionally run into kits like the one at this link, Kit Index F part 2
But I never seem to find a review under that manufacturer name. Are these someone else's kits just relabeled? And is that what the phrase "repop" I see in these forums indicates? I see that a lot in reference to Dragon kits. And of course lastly are these kits any good since I have yet to find a review on Modelling Madness?

Yes 'repop' is a term used to indicate a re-boxing of a kit from one manufacturer, under the label of another. It's a fairly common practice between a few manufacturers these days, with companies forming a partnership of sorts, in order to share the huge costs of research, development and tooling for new kits.
Not all companies do this, but Revell, for example, share some kits with Dragon and Hasegawa, and the Revell release normally costs substantially less than the original boxing, but tend to be released some time after the original, perhaps two or three years.

Interesting! I will enjoy exploring the Kit Database. Will help me understand when comparing two or more kits that some might actually be the exact same kit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back