Good kit for FIRST time modeler

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Venomstick121

Airman 1st Class
Dec 21, 2023
I want to get into modelling. What is a good kit to start with, I was looking at some of the Revell ones.

It depends on what size you feel comfortable with and what room you have to work with. 1/48 is quite popular as a reasonable compromise between 1/72 (eyes not being what they used to be) and 1/32 (I need an airport to put my finished kits). As with Geo, some of the Tamiya kits are well priced and great starting kits. Say the Bf109E or the Spitfire mk I or the P-51B or D are all readily available and nicely priced kits.

I'd say Tamiya: they are great for a novice modeller and don't need much work, also Dragon has just released a 1/48 Bf.109E-4 in the Wing Tech series. The latter especially looks like it would be straightforward and give you great results while building skills. Revell can be also be a good option, being a bit cheaper.

From Tamiya and Dragon the world's your oyster! There are kits with better accuracy and more detail but probably best to start with something reasonably simple and inexpensive.

That Dragon should be a new tool. Dragon/Cyber Hobby kits a great with super detail and not being "over engineered " IMO. I like their Bf110 and Ju88 line I have their 1/32 Bf109 and it looks to be really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back