I look for information

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Preparing the GB of PTO that I would like to do a 6m2 zeke I found the photo that I show you according to the source says that it is Yasuo Takahashi of the 265 kokutai, the emblem is very rarely seen and I have tried to find information on both the pilot and the plane but Everything has turned out to be very general information, without verifiable data and not very specific, that's why I ask you if you can help me by giving me information.

img10ff0945zik5zj.jpg

Yeah I was zeroing in on the words "verifiable data" but period photos, if available, should help.

Verifying is easy with the photo if you have access to the data, from Spain these data are not easy to obtain, hence only having a source for the data is not useful for me at least, so ask for help here with the amount of information that can be gathered, with the amount of colleagues and friends that you always help, I will surely get some result, even though it is certain that it will be more than what I can get from here... even the network It is very complicated by the search logarithm which, as it is so specific, the search does not find or does not want to show anything.

A6M2 "雷 (Rai or Ikazuchi = Thunder) 112" of the 265th Air Corps of IJN in service
from November 1943 to May 1944, flown by Petty Officer Yasuo Takahashi.

Thinking the service period, the propeller/spinner color would have been dark-brown.
Please let me update the profile.

A6M2_265-ku_Yasuo_Takahashi_1943-1944.jpg

Great stuff! Thanks for posting that.
My pleasure, SaparotRob.

As to the outer skin color, though this is a common knowledge for the elderly enthusiasts in Japan, Japanese groundcrew re-used the used lubricant oil to polish the surface to shine. My understanding is that original color was the standard light-grey.

A6M2 "雷 (Rai or Ikazuchi = Thunder) 112" of the 265th Air Corps of IJN in service
from November 1943 to May 1944, flown by Petty Officer Yasuo Takahashi.

Thinking the service period, the propeller/spinner color would have been dark-brown.
Please let me update the profile.

View attachment 725923
Thank you very much... I'm already looking for a 6m2 to make the mascots and I've already done the decals... I just need to find the plane's registration (manufacturing number).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back