Kocherigin DI-6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jjr

Airman
Aug 8, 2011
The Kocherigin DI-6 was a two-seat biplane fighter with retractable landing gear.

Experimental were the aeroplane "21" this was a version with fixed landing gear.
I only found pictures with skies.
Who can tell me more about this version?
Has it also flowen with wheel landing gear and are there any pictures?
Is there a three side view drawing of the "21"?

There should have be also a trainer version without the gunturret, I found that this was the DI-6bis (?).
Further I have found nothing of this version so everything is welcome, pictures/drawings/etc.

Jan

CKB-11.jpg

ëÏÞÅÒÇÉÎ, ñÃÅÎËÏ äé-6

di-6_21.jpg

di-6_21b.jpg

di-6_21c.jpg

di-6_21d.jpg

di-6_21c1.jpg

di-6_21c2.jpg

di-6_21c3.jpg

And these drawings found via the net ...

D_I-6-plan.JPG

Last edited:
The plane 21 powered by the engine M-25V

The weight for taking off - 1991 kg.
Max speed -
at ground level - 318 km/h.
at 3000 m - 353 km/h
at 5000 m - 346 km/h
The time for getting 3000m - 4.9 min, for 5000m - 10.1 min.
The ceiling - 8000 m.

Last edited:
NO.
I asked if this type was used on wheels and of so if there were any pictures.
Further a three side view drawing of the fixed landing gear version.

Who can answer my question concerning the trainer version????

Sorry but I haven't found any picture of the "21" on wheels. However I'll try to dig up deeper at russian forums.

Wurger I would be pleased.

Will you look also if you could find any materials concerning the DI-6bis (?), the trainer version. DI-6 without turret??

Thanks
Jan

Wurger I would be pleased.

Will you look also if you could find any materials concerning the DI-6bis (?), the trainer version. DI-6 without turret??

Thanks
Jan

According to the Russian book about the plane, the Type 21 was just called the DI-6bis. So it's the same kite. The text below says that the plane had the fixedundercarriage with the same wheels as the serial DI-6 planes. According to the characterisation in the text I can say the landing gear looked just like the one with the skies but there were wheels attached instead of these skies.

podwozie.jpg

As far as the trainig variant is concerned....according to the Russian text below, the factory no.81 was urgently asked for making of full size models of the rear cockpit for the military scout plane and the training one with the second control system in there. In the fourth quarter of the 1938 it was going to get the first batch of the planes. Unfortunately the plan failed, probably because of withdrawing from the production of the basic DI-6 at the end of that year. I would say the training version of the DI-6 was never assembled and therefore there is no pic of that at all.

szkolny1.jpg

szkolny2.jpg

And one more shot of the kite found via the net ...

di-6_21_a.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your help an translation.
Is there somewhere a site where I can find a manual of the DI-6?
I have found several of some Polikarpov types?
Thanks again
Jan

Sorry , I haven't seen a such manual for the plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back