Lakers vs Celtics

2008 NBA Champion

• Boston Celtics

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, since the Lakers were expected to (and did) perform well in the playoffs, they did garner a bit more of local coverage.

In So Cal, the fans demand results from the local sports teams. And if you dont perform, you dont get covered.

Thats why somone from here is always winning.

Not to take anything away from the NHL, but basketball is more popular than hockey.

In So Cal, the fans demand results from the local sports teams. And if you dont perform, you dont get covered.

Thats why somone from here is always winning.
And when they're not the SoCal media (and fans) turns their back on their teams - remember I lived there on and off for 22 years.

So typical of SoCal fans.

The only team that the fans turned their backs on was the Rams.

And that was expected considering how Georgia "front-and-reary" alientated the fans with her actions and comments.

The only team that the fans turned their backs on was the Rams.
The Kings after the lost the Stanley Cub to the Canadians? I could even remember the Lakers being booed in the few in between years where they didn't have a 'real winner.' Look at the way the Angles have been treated over the years.

The Kings after the lost the Stanley Cub to the Canadians? I could even remember the Lakers being booed in the few in between years where they didn't have a 'real winner.' Look at the way the Angles have been treated over the years.

The Lakers were boo'd because of the immense success they have had here and the fans demand excellence from them. Woe to any coach who doesnt deliver.

UCLA and USC have always had excellent fan support over the years because both continually look (and usually deliver) to field championship caliber teams.

The Angels and Dodgers have never suffered from their fans deserting them. Even in the lean years.

I live near Anaheim stadium, and I am amazed that even during a midweek night game, the parking lot is usually full.

As for hockey, both teams attract the fans. But untill you establish yourself as a winner, dont be surprised when the fans spend their money on another sport. Thats the way it should be. Prove you're a winner, and the fans will adore you. Dont make the effort to improve, and dont be surprised when you dont have anyone noticing you.

The Lakers were boo'd because of the immense success they have had here and the fans demand excellence from them. Woe to any coach who doesnt deliver.
It isn't only the coach - it also lies with the players and because of the typical self centered fans of LA they cannot understand that a franchise can have an off year or can fall from the top over a few years. I think the loyalty of LA fans suck.
UCLA and USC have always had excellent fan support over the years because both continually look (and usually deliver) to field championship caliber teams.
And the school support is a little different from the fair weather fan of LA
The Angels and Dodgers have never suffered from their fans deserting them. Even in the lean years.
For the most part no, but I'm always amazed how in those lean years the fan frenzy seems to diminish....
I live near Anaheim stadium, and I am amazed that even during a midweek night game, the parking lot is usually full.
Major League baseball will always draw unless you're in Washington DC.
As for hockey, both teams attract the fans. But untill you establish yourself as a winner, dont be surprised when the fans spend their money on another sport. Thats the way it should be. Prove you're a winner, and the fans will adore you. Dont make the effort to improve, and dont be surprised when you dont have anyone noticing you.
Yea, look at the Ducks - one Stanley Cup and they're a has-been. Real good fans!:rolleyes:

Gotta go with the Lakers for three reasons.

1. Lakers are playing great team ball.
2. Celtics are having a tough time on the road and the Lakers aren't
3. Ray Allen is having a terrible shooting streak in the playoff's, except for the last game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back