Lancaster Heading for Scrap. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wish I had of thought about the link sooner Igor as this thread has had over 180 hits and that could have meant 180 letters sent to Mr. Zimmer

Wish I had of thought about the link sooner Igor as this thread has had over 180 hits and that could have meant 180 letters sent to Mr. Zimmer

I wish I knew who to send the letter to :D at least we have someone now, I'll compose something today and send it in, its just trying to find words to describe it, we all have so much passion for this Lancaster and with it not going to the scrap heap.

I hope that this campaign is successful and at least, if not the entire aircraft being rescued, some pieces of it being able to stay and remind us of the history of this magnificent plane :)

There, just sent the email to the MP, Fubar suggested, Also sent an email to our Canada Aviation and Space Museum here in Ottawa, I hope they find a solution for this bird.

Hmm...I propose we do a Lancaster Build in Honour of her, no matter the outcome :)

Last edited:
Our Musem here and the Lancaster KB 882 returned my email :) , there was one major error in the news piece, KB 882 told me that it won't ever be in the scrapyard so great news there :D :) (that was never their statement and a bit of a editorial on the news report)

It is good to hear :) I just wish that it can find a good home :)

Phew!
So, news reporters over dramatising again?
Let's hope it can eventually find the funding, and home, it needs to preserve it as it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back