Lancaster wing? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

paul s.

Airman
Oct 29, 2021
New here. Can someone please help in identifying which RAF aircraft this wing belongs to. Picture taken day after it was shot down near my current home in Germany. Differing reports on what it was.
01.jpg

reports state 23/24 1942. location: anrath. Lancaster but photos state it happened night to 1.august. need a positive ID on wing/aircraft type
I know thanks, I wrote that info. Since then I got the original photos from the farmer's family where it cam down and that said 1 August. Hence my question

The wheel would fit better the Wellington than the Lancaster. IIRC the Lanc had there the tyre thread while the Wellington didn't.

Also the Stirling had longer oleos I would say. But the engine nacelles were quite small comparing to other RAF bombers.

And the Lanc wheel. Please not that there were struts supporting the oleos. In the requested pic a such one isn't noticed although its remnents should have been there.

lanc wheel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back