Landing and /or stall speed for Junkers 87 g ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I found a JU-87 flight manual that I had on CD - I've tried to translate the text. I believe it says this:

"landestrecke bei voll angestellter landeklappe, fluggenicht von 4300kg und windstille; bei anschebegeschwindigkeit VA=150 k/m"

landing distance with fully employees landing flap, fluggenicht from 4300kg and zero wind; with VA=150 anschebegeschwindigkeit k/m

I assume the 150km is the landing speed or the speed you should be "over the numbers."

150 k/m = 93.20 mph.

If you divide that by 1.3 the Stuka would stall at 71.6 mph if Junkers used the 1.3 rule during his design (I guess he did). This data was for a JU 87 B2

My original Quote:

"You can but a flight manual for the JU-87 online (probably a repro). I would guess landing speeds would be about 90 mph, I would guess the thing would stall between 75 - 80 mph."

8)

Excuse me while I mingle. ;)

The correct spelling would be "Fluggewicht" and "Anschiebegeschwindigkeit".

Fluggewicht is flight weight.

Anschiebegeschwindigkeit, that's a bit trickier as I am not an aviator. "Geschwindigkeit" is speed, of course. "Anschieben" is used as a term e.g. when push-starting a car... dunno what that refers to when talking about a plane.

Thinking about it again (and after coming up empty after a Google for "AnSCHIEBEgeschwindigkeit", it might be AnSCHWEBEgeschwindigkeit, i.e. "gliding-in speed". That, even me lousy computer pilot can make sense of. ;)

"Landestrecke bei voll angestellter Landeklappe, Fluggewicht von 4300kg und Windstille; bei Anschebegeschwindigkeit V(A) = 150 km/h"

"Landing distance with fully extended landing flap, flight weight of 4300kg and zero wind; with gliding-in speed V(A) = 150 km/h"

Hope that helps.

PS: I found this "by accident" through battlefront.com, which I've effectively left long ago. If you have troubles with German translations like that, feel free to contact me at solar (at) rootdirectory (dot) de. I'm happy to help, as long as it's not whole articles and not every day. ;)

Solar said:
Thinking about it again (and after coming up empty after a Google for "AnSCHIEBEgeschwindigkeit", it might be AnSCHWEBEgeschwindigkeit, i.e. "gliding-in speed". That, even me lousy computer pilot can make sense of. ;)

"Landestrecke bei voll angestellter Landeklappe, Fluggewicht von 4300kg und Windstille; bei Anschebegeschwindigkeit V(A) = 150 km/h"

"Landing distance with fully extended landing flap, flight weight of 4300kg and zero wind; with gliding-in speed V(A) = 150 km/h"

Hope that helps.

PS: I found this "by accident" through battlefront.com, which I've effectively left long ago. If you have troubles with German translations like that, feel free to contact me at solar (at) rootdirectory (dot) de. I'm happy to help, as long as it's not whole articles and not every day. ;)

Hey it does, many thanks!!!

My original Quote:

"You can but a flight manual for the JU-87 online (probably a repro). I would guess landing speeds would be about 90 mph, I would guess the thing would stall between 75 - 80 mph." 8)

Yeap you are correct with your translations. I do not know why I did not think about that. It really has me dumbfounded that I did not figure it out. I guess that is what I get for speeking English all day with my coworkers and only speaking German when I am at home with my wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back