Late war JG301 Reich Defense Band

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Breizh

Airman
Mar 31, 2007
Someone's researched this, and has presented his findings in this thread.
I linked to this in another thread, and was told it was wrong. Can someone provide a better explanation for these horizontal bands than the author of said research?

Thanks.

so what are you really asking here, as I know that chap and have had several discussions in the past about the horizontal bars with and without plus the two colored RVT band and it's reversal, so what are you asking ?

sometimes the horizontal bar was used and sometimes it was not.......period this is a fact, not all A-8/A-9's wore the bar nor did the Dora 9's so it is impossible to tell at times what group all three Fw 190 variants are from, does this make sense to you. We know as a fact that I. gruppe was suppose to have the white horizontal bar, but some A-9's did not carry it. II.gruppe was suppose to have red but not A's wore it and in photo proof not all Doras have it as well as I ahve pics in my database with out the bars. III. gruppe by photo evidence on most pics do not show a yellow horizontal bar over the yellow/red RVT band

confused now ? if not you should be...........and a a side note look when Olivier posted his findings ......... 2 years ago, alot has happened, including in my own files~ in his threads which he likes to poke fun at me repeatedly which I find offensive as his cut and paste job has been on at least 2-3 other forums

I'm not confused.. There's hard evidence that the horizontal bar wasn't always used as you say yourself. That's what I wanted to know, thank you Erich :)

I don't think you should pay any attention to anything that would distract you from actual research material. If that guy keeps pokin at you with posts not pertinent to your research, it's his problem and waste of time, not yours.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back