Latin American planes in WWII

Discussion in 'Aircraft Picture Requests' started by Srivas, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Srivas

Srivas New Member

Hi guys. I'm new on this forum and I'm looking for pictures of Latin American planes who were used in WWII. I'm specially interested on the two Ecuadoran Junkers Ju-52/3m Azuay and Aconcagua (later the single C-79 in the USA).

I hope you can help me with this and thanks in advance.

Best regards
    Santiago Rivas
    Buenos Aires
    Argentina

2. timshatz

timshatz Active Member

MGR
  3. Srivas

Srivas New Member

Hi timshatz, thanks for your reply. I have photos of Brazilian planes in Italy. I'm mostly interested on the planes which were used on South America during the war. Most Latin Americna countries used their aviation to control the coasts against submarines. Also some countries used models that were also used on the war, like the Ju-52, but there are not too much photos of them.

4. Srivas

Srivas New Member

Here is a photo of an Ecuadoran Ju-52/3m in service with SEDTA (Sociedad Ecuatoriana de Transpores Aereos) airline , a German airline that operated in Ecuador. They had some Ju-52, at least HC-SAC, SAD and SAE. One of them, HC-SAD named Aconcagua, became the single C-79 of the USAAF and another, HC-SAE, named Azuay, was added to the Ecuadoran Army Aviation Corps until in the fifties became part of TAO airline, together with the Ju-52 which is now the Lufthansa flying one (D-AQUI). Azuay was lost on an accident in April 1958 at Quito airport. I'm looking for more pictures of this aircraft or other World War II planes who served in Latin America, specially on the war years.

Attached Files:

5. Micdrow

Micdrow “Archive”
    Staff Member Moderator

Manufacture Tech
    As of now I dont have any pictures but you may find this interesting. Its a link that has part of the Lend Lease program. Go to section 7 and it shows aircraft and there types and how many went to different locations in Latin America

http://lend-lease.airforce.ru/english/documents/index.htm