Latin American planes in WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Srivas

Recruit
Aug 7, 2007
Hi guys. I'm new on this forum and I'm looking for pictures of Latin American planes who were used in WWII. I'm specially interested on the two Ecuadoran Junkers Ju-52/3m Azuay and Aconcagua (later the single C-79 in the USA).

I hope you can help me with this and thanks in advance.

Best regards
Santiago Rivas
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Hi timshatz, thanks for your reply. I have photos of Brazilian planes in Italy. I'm mostly interested on the planes which were used on South America during the war. Most Latin Americna countries used their aviation to control the coasts against submarines. Also some countries used models that were also used on the war, like the Ju-52, but there are not too much photos of them.

Here is a photo of an Ecuadoran Ju-52/3m in service with SEDTA (Sociedad Ecuatoriana de Transpores Aereos) airline , a German airline that operated in Ecuador. They had some Ju-52, at least HC-SAC, SAD and SAE. One of them, HC-SAD named Aconcagua, became the single C-79 of the USAAF and another, HC-SAE, named Azuay, was added to the Ecuadoran Army Aviation Corps until in the fifties became part of TAO airline, together with the Ju-52 which is now the Lufthansa flying one (D-AQUI). Azuay was lost on an accident in April 1958 at Quito airport. I'm looking for more pictures of this aircraft or other World War II planes who served in Latin America, specially on the war years.

Attachments

• Junkers SEDTA.bmp
    840.1 KB · Views: 241

Users who are viewing this thread

Back