Looking for Martin B-26 manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
I've been digging around realized that there doesn't seem to be a manual for the Martin B-26.

What I'm looking for, in particular, is page 563 (figure 534)...

Anyone have this, by chance?

I've been digging around realized that there doesn't seem to be a manual for the Martin B-26.

What I'm looking for, in particular, is page 563 (figure 534)...

Anyone have this, by chance?

I have 4 pdf manuals on the plane though not sure if its how they are scanned or what as mine only go to around 200 or less.

Thanks Paul

This is an early manual and shows diagrams of various systems and early versions for the pilot/crew to familiarize themselves with the aircraft.

Not sure if the manual I am looking for was a continuation or addendum, which would explain the high page number.

This is an early manual and shows diagrams of various systems and early versions for the pilot/crew to familiarize themselves with the aircraft.

Not sure if the manual I am looking for was a continuation or addendum, which would explain the high page number.

Interesting, Wonder if its a Erection and Maintenance manual, I have one for the A-26 but not the B-26

Here is Figure 534 from the A-26 Erection and maintenance manual.

Attachments

• 534.jpg
    534.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 167
ok Paul, awesome and Thanks!!

I'm digging up some info on the cannon birds (A-38, B-18, etc...) and I recall that they also tested (what I thought was the B-26) one on this airframe.

I was going on memory, so I'm glad I was at least close :lol:

GrauGeist said:
"Yes!!
Look at that, the 75 mm cannon illustration!
I thought it was the B-26, however, not the A-26...
"

You are right/wrong because the USAF did away with the A- designations post war, and, being as the Martin B-26 was already out of service, re-designated the A-26 to B-26 between 1948 and 1965 (just to confuse everyone 65 years later)

GrauGeist said:
"Yes!!
Look at that, the 75 mm cannon illustration!
I thought it was the B-26, however, not the A-26...
"

You are right/wrong because the USAF did away with the A- designations post war, and, being as the Martin B-26 was already out of service, re-designated the A-26 to B-26 between 1948 and 1965 (just to confuse everyone 65 years later)
I was checking to see if the Martin B-26 had trialed the 75mm but it turns out the Douglas A-26 was the airframe that had tested the 75mm.

I know that some folks tend to confuse the post-war Douglas redesignation :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back