Looking for mast antenna for 1/48 accurate miniatures SBD dauntless

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ptraney

Airman
Oct 4, 2015
Hi, I bought a built model recently that the large mast antenna in the front was broken. Need another...maybe any builder's will do..Thanks!

If broken and you have both pieces of the mast you may repair that. Also it may be made from scratch IMHO.

All depends on what kind of damaging has happened. Usually it is enough to stick the pieces together. If there is a need for bracing of the joint with a piece of thin wire you need more work eg. drilling. And in the case making from scratch is a good alternative.

When I kept breaking the tail mast off my 1/32 F3F I kept making news ones and gluing them on, only to break it when I turned the model over yet again.

The answer was simple and obvious, but I thought of it too late. Make one out of 0.040 in thick sheet aluminum, which I have in abundance, along with the required tools. Glue it in place with Superglue.

Best shot of an SBD antenna installation I have ever seen. Note how the antenna wire comes through the side of the fuselage via a feed through from the spot between the pilot and radioman/gunner where the radios are located. The wire is a center fed dipole, which indicates HF radio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread