Looking gunsight photos....P-61

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jrw1238

Airman
Jul 5, 2010
Leesburg, FL
I am trying to get some info together for a 1/48 P-61 build. I have the Great Wall Hobbies P-61A and not being able to leave well enough alone want to convert it to a P-61B-15.

Here is what I am looking for....detail photos of the gunners sight, pilots sight and the 5.8 power night binoculars. If anyone has anything could you please post them.

Thanks,

John

I think Bill (Night Fighter Nut) might be able to help you with this John. He recently posted some up-date pics of the P61 being restored, including the night binoculars, and probably has the other pics you need. Maybe a PM to him will sort things, as he might not see this thread.

Perhaps these pics help too.

cheers,
Sander

Attachments

• stowed.jpg
    stowed.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 442
  • pilotsview.jpg
    pilotsview.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 429
I went to the M.A.A.M. site and looked over the photos of the P-61B they are restoring to flight status. I found the pictures of the night binoculars and also the gunners sight mount. On another site I found a good picture of the Pilots sight. Things are looking up.

John

I haven't been around much for awhile but ... did someone mention my name... :) Greetings John, if you need any help with your build let me know. Now that I have found this thread, I will be keeping an eye on how you do. Have you got a specific plane in mind?

Bill

Hi Bill,
Would you have any info on the P-61 pilot's sight?
Would it be the NaMac G-1 or Lynn-3 as used in the P-38?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back