Luftwaffe 1946's ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TL Blade

Airman 1st Class
Jul 27, 2008
Nuneaton
I have recently wnated to find kits of prototypes from germany and have found a few i would like to have but I don't know how to get then so I was hopeing some might be able to tell me?

I found these two.
wantalercheb.jpg

fw190v13.jpg

And I am also looking for some more 1/72 scale Do 335, Me309 and some Mistles.

Good stuff Karl

Anyone know what that Airfix Ta-154's like? if its the same mould as Pioneer/PM/Revell then I'd highly recommend not buying it ,I gave up it was that frustrating

Worst model I've ever encountered...

Can anyone tell me if the Airfix model of a mistel is actaully real because I have never seen it?

TL, Airfix do two Misteln in 1:72 - the Do 217E/ Me 328 team used for testing the latter 'in flight' (not intended as a Mistel bomb configuration), and the new Ta 154/ Fw 190A-6 combination.

According to 'Mistel - The piggyback aircraft of the Luftwaffe', by Hans-Peter Dabrowski :
'Focke-Wulf had Mistel plans with a Ta 154 and Fw 190 as a "Pulkzerstörer" (formation buster), in which the Ta 154 lower component would be packed full of explosives and manouvered into an Allied bomber formation, where it would be detonated. With an effective destructive diameter of approximately 180 meters, it would have been possible to knock out several bombers at the same time. In the second half of 1944 six such Misteln were said to have been built, but nothing is known as to their operational use.'

My friend who owns one of the local model shops showed me the airfix kit last week, and the 190 dosen't generally seem too bad, even better than their 190D-9, I'd say. With a little work I think it could turn out quite nice. The only major drawback seems to be the canopies. The rear sliding portion is moulded solid with the fueslage, and while the clear portions are supplied in early and late styles, they are very thick.

The Ta 154 however is alot more basic, more reminiscent of the 'old' airfix kits, but as the real aircraft was of entirely wooden construction, it would really only show (externally) in the undercarriage units and canopy.
I was going to mention that an operational Mistel would have had the entire nose section removed and a large warhead fitted (as in Ju 88 Misteln), but as the target type, and thus mode of detonation differed in this case, this probably wouldn't have been necessary.

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back