Man hours to build aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Steve
I got lucky recently and a family member got me Air Bombardment: The Story of Its Development by Robert Saundby and Strategic Air Offensive Against Germany 1939-1945 Vol 1 at a flea market for $10 for the pair. I have to wait for her visit at xmas to get them though. I was waiting to see the Webster & Frankland book to decide if it was worth getting the balance of the set as I find the USSBS series rather hard work. Having just read your suggestion I tracked down a five page review in The Journal of Modern History and ordered book 3 new ($37) and book 4 used ($54). Book three will have to wait for a more realistic price.

Mi

Reference post #23.

You might want to look up manufacturing learning curves. The "80% rule" you mention is really a 20% learning curve. There are many learning curves and they usually go ... in real life ... from 5% to 30%. There is also an eventual bottom to the learning curve ... a number that is the minimum value if everyone knows their jobs perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back