Manual Index - American

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent suggestion. While we are on the subject, let me mention another field: manual size, in MB. Sometimes I will find the "same" manual, but in a much smaller file. Usually, there is no loss in quality; it just means someone took the time to do some post-processing after scanning.
I have some 700MB manuals, so this has become an issue on my laptop with a mere 500GB flash drive.

Also, Avn-tech is working on a spreadsheet listing different editions of manuals. I have offered to help out with my own data on this subject. His purpose seems somewhat different, but ultimately there will be benefit of merging the different types of lists.

Hi Reeger
To me the biggest deficiency in the index (far greater than the date but to me that is second major problem) is which manual is being referenced - eg there are two Grumman TBM manuals - but what manuals. On a snail pace link (NBN satellite service) downloading them to find they are both pilot manuals was a waste of time.
If people put a three letter manual type code it would really hel
These days the standards are AFM for aircraft flight manual, AMM for maint manual, IPC for parts list and SRM for repair manual but even the old PN for pilot notes or POH for Pilots operating handbook and E&M - erection and maint. Even the old military -1 or -2 etc would help immeasurably.

That said I take my hat off to VikingBerserker for the fantastic index he has created and when I upload some docs (very soon touch wood) they will definitely have the 3 letter manual type and date (and TO # if applicable)

Mi Tasol

Very cool and thank you!

In the future though please start a new thread as the Index would only link back to itself which will be confusing to others. Plus that would allow others to add to the thread.

wow! Holy cow!! this is so amazing!
I'm a nutter when it comes to getting "all the details." And the ability to have these manuals so I know how the boys were taught how to fly these great warbirds is practically priceless! Thanks for setting up a great index with them!

How would you like me to submit them, should I just attach them to my post?

Hi Shawn
Best way is to start a new thread "Martin PBM Mariner manuals" then the administrators can to link them for the index

May I suggest that you name them like you have in your earlier post and add the date of each manual so that people know the revision level. While this is not so important when only one version of the manual is on the site it is important when there are multiple copies so that a person can save downloading a duplicate

I have:
PBM Mariner Maintenance and Erection manual
PBM Mariner Pilots manual
PBM Mariner Structural repair manual

would you like them?

Shoot me a message
Hello, have you posted the MAriner manuals somewhere on this forum?
I can't find them.
Thank you

Hello,
found this very interesting document, does anyone have anything similar for USN aircraft ?

Regards,
Bobby

Attachments

• TO 01-1-131 Table of Dimensions for Bombardment, Cargo, Fighter 25-July-1944.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 722

Users who are viewing this thread

Back