Meet Skip Hall oldest MMA fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hunter368

Tech Sergeant
Nov 5, 2005
Winnipeg
While the debate rages about whether 44-year-old Ken Shamrock should retire from the sport, and while 49-year-old Dan Severn keeps his career alive fighting largely inexperienced opponents, and while 43-year-old Mark Coleman prepares for a post-retirement UFC main event, and while 44-year-old Randy Couture scrambles to secure a fight with Fedor Emelianenko before Father Time becomes too much of a factor, Skip Hall fondly remembers when he was a youngster just like all of them.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Hall, he's a 63-year-old mixed-martial-arts fighter. Yes, 63.

However, on Saturday, the longtime combat-sports enthusiast will fight for the final time, and he'll relinquish his title as the oldest MMA fighter competing today. Our friend Mike Chiappetta has the story at NBCSports.com.

He's competed in more than a dozen pro matches (though the major databases have him down for just six fights). However, Hall will fight for the final time at an event called Dixie Throwdown V in Irondale, Ala., when he takes on Kelly Rundle.

Hall -- a golden gloves boxer who was a Special Forces soldier who served tours in Vietnam, Korea and the Philippines -- once refused to pull out of a fight even though he had a broken foot.

From the story: "He said, 'I will not let my opponent down, I will not let the promoter down, and I will not let the fans down," recalls his wife of 26 years, Sally Hall. "He decided that he would fight the best he could knowing he might well lose."

His record:

Fight Finder - Skip Hall's Mixed Martial Arts Statistics

This guy has some big marbles fighting at that age, looks good also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back