Miles Master vs North American T-6 Texan

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the thread is Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW11 - PPRuNe Forums

The stuff about the Vengance starts at page 127 (it's currently up to 177) post 2540. Danny42C who is the pilot starts about page 113 post 2250 and describes joining up kitting out and all the experiences learning to fly and eventually going into combat and is currently talking about the post war RAF.

It's a fascinating insight into another age.

The "J" as they called it did the Navy right throughout the war. The pilots went from the SN-2 to that to their combat aircraft, got their wings, then carrier-qualified on same.

There is an extract available from "Fighter Pilot: The First American Ace of World War II" by William R. Dunn
Dunn trained and intially fought with the RAF and had over 500 hours of time when he transferred from being an American in the Seaforth Highlanders to being an American in the RAF. So his assessment of the Master is of interest. I particularly liked his desciption of the impact of the weather on the Master.
Fighter Pilot: The First American Ace of World War II - William R. Dunn - Google Books

did someone say Vultee Vengance !!! :lol:

Andy does your computer make a noise every time those words are typed mate ?

Yeah...wondered what woke him up! :D

That said, I'm interested too as I have a soft-spot for the Vengeance:oops:. I corresponded with the former CO of 84 Sqn a few years back. He was a charming gent who really liked the Vengeance - thought it was a great weapons system.

Yeah...wondered what woke him up! :D

That said, I'm interested too as I have a soft-spot for the Vengeance:oops:. I corresponded with the former CO of 84 Sqn a few years back. He was a charming gent who really liked the Vengeance - thought it was a great weapons system.
Your a man of good tastes Mark! I was looking at this today and thought of you.
WIP - Buffaloes in Malaya | The Ready Room | eHangar.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back