Mirage III C E 1/48?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not yet mate, just looking around...

True, Kinetic is an IIIE and HobbyBoss makes the IIIC, I think...
I wonder, if you still can build this as an C, seen it mentioned in some places as a C, CT and a CR kit...

I've got the Hobby Boss IIIC, and I'll be doing it in the unofficial GB thingy. It's quite a nice kit, very like the Eduard kit, although I believe the decals aren't very good - I bought after-market decals, as my kit didn't have any.
Far as I know, outwardly the main difference with the 'E' is the bulge Under the forward fuselage, possibly (but not certain) supplied as a separate part.

Let me know if you'd like sprue shots of the Hobby Boss kit.

Mirage IIIC and E are completely different. The main features introduced in E variant:
- new engine (engine exhaust)
- larger fin stabiliser
- cockpit moved forward (on the edge of air inlets)
Practically a new fuselage is necessary for conversion.

I have keep my eye on Kinetic IIIE, but I'm still waiting for any conversion set for IIIS.

Mirage IIIR is a straight "E" derivation, with changed nose cone for camera unit. Two variants occurred: "R" with camera nose and "RD" with camera nose and Doppler radar bulge.
Kinetic has released all variants based on the same "E" airframe (Mirage IIIE, IIIEA, IIIO, IIIR, and IIIRD) in one box. All except IIIS where changes were the most notable.

Great stuff. I'm waiting for an English language copy of the Histoire et Collections book on the Mirage III and 5 series to arrive (it's overdue), so hopefully I'll learn more about the Mirage family.
The only ones I've ever seen, apart from one at Elvington, were IIIC variants, back in the mid 1960s !

Cheers mate....I wish I knew French!

Quite like one of these as well, colourful!

21_133_zpsrwxfopic.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back