Miscellaneous Category

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I suppose...There is a small difference between driving a Mini in a driveway full of ice and snow and doing handbrake turns and reverse flicks and driving on the motorway...Shouldnt the road be salted anyway?

Road salting works when the city is ready for it, and the snow accumulation adds up slowly.. When the weather drops 22 inches on u in 8 hours, the plows and salters cannot keep up, especially on rural roads and interstates.....

I think all of us that have lived in the snow before have done crazy stunts in cars..... Handbrake turns are fun as hell, especially when ur doin 40 mph.....

My wife was doin doughnuts one time in her Chevette back in the day and slammed into a curb.... The rear axel snapped like a matchstick... Funny as hell....

Walking around naked is nice but I don't do it when others are present...
I think that I missed a lot of conversation... Sorry :oops:
I rarely see any snow down here so I can't say anything about that
I just know that we have a lot of sun here and I actually prefer cloudy days but without any rain.

I love sleeping when it rains... And it's summer and I relaxing out at the balcony hearing the rain falling...
Oh my God I miss this!!!

lesofprimus said:
Road salting works when the city is ready for it, and the snow accumulation adds up slowly.. When the weather drops 22 inches on u in 8 hours, the plows and salters cannot keep up, especially on rural roads and interstates.....

I think all of us that have lived in the snow before have done crazy stunts in cars..... Handbrake turns are fun as hell, especially when ur doin 40 mph.....

My wife was doin doughnuts one time in her Chevette back in the day and slammed into a curb.... The rear axel snapped like a matchstick... Funny as hell....

MY and my friend done a drive by the other day in my XR2, he had an airpistol in the passenger seat and the window open, I drove down the drive, handbraked 180 degrees to the right, he shot out the window at a target and i drove back off up the drive...big fun.

Unfortunatly it was wet though, and i got the front wheels on the grass and got stack, thus leaving to large tyre marks on the lawn...whoops :oops:

cheddar cheese said:
MY and my friend done a drive by the other day in my XR2, he had an airpistol in the passenger seat and the window open, I drove down the drive, handbraked 180 degrees to the right, he shot out the window at a target and i drove back off up the drive...big fun.

Unfortunatly it was wet though, and i got the front wheels on the grass and got stack, thus leaving to large tyre marks on the lawn...whoops :oops:

Hang on a sec mate, I remember you saying you don't have a licence. So you must have a long stretch of private road then.....nice!

Nope. Just a large drive. There is a convenient country lane leading up to my house though that I drive down occasionally though. Its a public road but I never said that... :rolleyes:

Ah well, I doubt anyone would be seriously concerned about that. I guess all your driving will stand you in good stead when you take your lessons and test.

Probably will. Hell, I even practice reversing around the corner, and to be honest its rather easy. The only thing ill have problems with is remembering to shuffle the wheel ;) :lol:

Why? You live in a small city where a car is practically useless?
I do but not now - I'm a student in Patras without a driving licence - and even if I had one without any chance of obtaining a car soon
The odds are in favour of getting a spitfire instead of a car :shock:

:lol:

Lanc, cars are pretty necessary in modern society, the only people who can manage without them are the Swiss. Do you really want to have to live in Switzerland for effective public transport? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back