Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Fighter 1/48 Scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gwaredd

Airman
May 29, 2013
Wales, UK USA
Does anyone know where I get photo etched "seat belts" for this thing. It comes with a pilot wearing seat belts but I don't like putting pilots in aircraft. (Just a personal preference). I've search the web for places that sell photo etched parts but I can't seem to find any for this particular model. :mad:

Diolch,

Gwaredd

Cymru am byth!

PS: NEVER MIND THIS POST. I'VE FINALLY FOUND A SET AT MEGAHOBBY. :D

Last edited:
For future reference, Hannant's is the place for virtually everything. They will have PE seat belts, which personally I find a pain, or better still, the microfibre fabric belts, by HGW. Alternatively of course, for future projects, you can make your own from lead foil, the foil from win bottle necks, or similar 'heavy gauge' foils.

I tried both the sites you suggested. No go. I can't find the etched cockpit details anywhere. You would think someone would have them. This is driving me bonkers. At last resort I'll just have to dry brush the detail on the instrument panel.

Thanks!

Apologies, not having an interest in Japanese aircraft, I assumed (wrongly) that seat harnesses would have been produced for this type, as they are for most other popular subjects.
It seems HGW haven't yet produced a set for the 'Zero' in 1/48th scale, although they might appear eventually, as they have them in 1/32nd scale.
Likewise with Eduard PE harnesses, although these may be under a generic heading if they exist. No doubt Wayne can probably advise further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back