Monogram 1/48 B-24J Liberator parts needed!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
Well not EXACTLY parts for the Lib, but for the tractor that came in this kit many moons ago. I'm looking to get replacements for the missing tractor headlights (one will do) AND the windshield. Either the original parts, or a scratch built or molded replacement would do. Even in the case of the windshield an accurate tracing of the actual part would work for me. Help!

Shall I ask for the moon now?

Thanks for looking! Capt. Vick

Maglar recently built the Monogram/ Revell B24D, which I think has the same tractor. Perhaps he can provide at least the drawings and dimensions.

Thanks! I'll try him!

By the way...have you found the dimensions of the 55 US Gallon drop tank that you promised me when Michael Jackson was still alive? Sha-Mon! :lol:

Oh, the drop tanks...should have guessed because I put 1/48 scale in the thread title! Duh! No, the drop tank is for my MPM 1/72 scale Curtiss XP-55 Ascender. It's a non-standard size that I think no one has reproduced in 1/72 scale...sadly. Thanks anyway H.

Jim

Sorry Vic, I thought I'd replied re the drop tank. I was able to find one pic in a book a friend had. From what I could see, the tank appears to be the same as the early tank used on the P40. I've looked in my spares boxes, thinking I might still have a 1/48th scale P40 tank from which I could scale-out the dimensions, but no luck I'm afraid. I think it must have been in the 'big' spares box, with over thirty years worth of bits and pieces, which was lost in a house move following my divorce! Darn !
I reckon if you can get a P40 tank, the small dimensional differences won't be noticeable in 1/72nd scale.

Well not EXACTLY parts for the Lib, but for the tractor that came in this kit many moons ago. I'm looking to get replacements for the missing tractor headlights (one will do) AND the windshield. Either the original parts, or a scratch built or molded replacement would do. Even in the case of the windshield an accurate tracing of the actual part would work for me. Help!

Shall I ask for the moon now?

Thanks for looking! Capt. Vick

I've got the whole tractor kit, unbuilt, if you want it. Or, just the windshield, or whatever. Don't see any clear parts for that windshield, though. :?:

I have and I won't use the tractor because I am going to build this in flying condition. I can send the parts to you if you can wait it for a week. Liberator is a very beautiful plane.

Attachments

• P7090003.JPG
    P7090003.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 144
  • P7120005.JPG
    P7120005.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 174
  • P7120002.JPG
    P7120002.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 163

Users who are viewing this thread

Back