Mosquito FB Mk VI

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wirbelwind

Airman
Sep 8, 2009
Can someone help me find some photos of Mosquito FB Mk VI's that were taken during WW2? I've tried searching for some on my own, but I've only been able to find recent photos of ones being restored, or those of some other variant.

Thanks in advance.

Here you are..... a couple I have found via the Inrternet. Also on our forum site.

watermark.php

10969.jpg

10968.jpg

pl005.jpg

raaf_mosquito_fb_mk_vi_212.jpg

De_Havilland_Mosquito_MkVI.jpg

Mosquito FB Mk.VI MM417/EG-T
_mos04.jpg

mosquito_landing.jpg

dh98-fb-3.jpg

dh98-fb-5.jpg

613 Squadron Mosquito FB.VI at RAF Lasham June 1944
ts

Last edited:
Thanks Wurger. I see one of the Mosquitos carrying what looks like four rockets under each wing. Could all FB.VI's carry those?

Yes these were unguided air-to-ground rocket missiles. The FB Mk.VI variant of the Mossie could carry 4x113kg or 4x225kg bombs or 2x225kg bombs and 8x27kg rocket missiles on two ,four-rail , launchers.

Ah, I see. Were the four-rail rocket launchers attached to the existing hardpoints under the wings, or did they replace them?

By the way, how were you able to search the forums? I get this error each time I try using a search function: Oops! An error occurred: connection to 127.0.0.1:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Last edited:
There were the blast plates attached to each wing panel. Each rail of the rocket launcher was atached to that separately. Thanks to that Mosquito could be fitted with equipment on different racks. Here you are an image of the rocket launchers and a diagram for FB Mk.VI. The picture source ....the Internet.

Attachments

• Mosquito_033.jpg
    Mosquito_033.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Mosquito_078.jpg
    Mosquito_078.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 378
Concerning the forum navigation.... click the 'FORUM' button at the top bar of the side. You should get all sections with sub-sections of the forum displayed on your monitor screen. This is the main folder as we speak. If you click a title of a section you will access all sub-sections there. And if you click a title of a sub-section you will get all threads there . Notice that there are displayed current threads with posts have sent recently only. These older ones are available if you choose 'Show threads from the...' option at left of the bottom of a page. There you can set the period of time these threads should be shown. Usually the period is set for two weeks. When it's set click the 'Show Threads" button at the right side of a page. Then you can access more threads.
Also please notice that there is a full path ( a tree of folders you accessed ) displayed just a little bit down of the line at the 'FORUM" button is. By clicking on a folder name there you can be going up and down the tree too. I think the explanation should be helpfull for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back