Mossie pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great pics Paul - looks like the Kermit Weeks Mossie, star of '633 Squadron' and/or 'Mosquito Squadron', and ex - Strathallan Collection, Scotland.

Correct Terry, that is the Kermit Weeks Mossie, Here are a couple of more I took of her when she was taking in some sun shine for a little while a few years back :)

Attachments

• Picture2 034.jpg
    Picture2 034.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Picture2 035.jpg
    Picture2 035.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 79
RS712, aaah yes, the one that got away. When I lived in Scotland there was a lot of regret that that aircraft escaped when it did. During the Strathallan auction in 1982, surprisingly the Mossie didn't attract as much attention as it would now, that's for sure and at 100,000 pounds it was positively a bargain. I have a copy of the Strathallan auction catalogue somewhere. A prominent museum with a budget for 100,000 pounds wanted the Mossie, but was told by its heads that it had to purchase more than one aeroplane, so it left without it. When RS712 went to the States it flew across and on leaving the UK joined in an air-to-air photo shoot with RR299, which was the last time two Mossies flew together, in around 1987? Terry, you might remember.

This is how the Scots remember RS712:

RS712-1.jpg Photo by Moondance1 | Photobucket

By the way, I promised images of TA719 before it became a target tug at DX, well, here she is.

TA719%20i_zpsuvt77pj4.jpg

TA719%20ii_zpsg5kyxz3e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back