Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got to see the Blue Angles in Tigers once or twice and like it a LOT as a display bird. They should have built the "Super Tiger." I, for one, would love to have seen it fly.

It's a bit homely but, if you were in Viet Nam and if you got your butt saved a few time by it, the old Skyraider is georgeous! It's the ONLY bird I know of that can orbit for an hour right over YOU and a half and drop something or shoot something on every pass to keep the bad guys pinned down.

I remember my folks taking me to see the Blue Angels back in the 60s when they were still using the F-11...what a beautiful plane in the sky! I forgot to mention another one too, the F-100 Super Saber! I also saw the Thunderbirds when they were using the F-100s...

Super Sabres were good display aircraft, too. Good bomb haulers in Viet Nam, but not very spritely when carrying bombs.

They were fairly rugged, like the F-86, and pretty reliable, too. I went through a time of the F-100 being a favorite and moved on, but I still like them, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back