Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Most beautiful for me are the p51D, bf109 all variants, spit mark viii, b17f, p39.

The most beautiful plane of WWII for me are the P51D. A sleek flying hot rod killer...
High on my list would also be the Bf109E for its pure evil look and the Me262 for its high speed look of the time...

Among the best looking aircraft should be this one. As a test, who kows what it is?

2s6lbbt.jpg

2qn9rwp.jpg

panderjager.jpg

I think I would go with Classic - The Spit. I just love this Eliptical Wings. If I had to choose a version I would go for PR MkIX as I love the clean look of D wing ad I like symetry of The coolers underneath those wings.

The Yak-3 is a good looking aircraft. The reproductions flying now, are on youtube, and they look fine in the air.

My pick for the most beautiful aircraft of WWII is....The Ilyushin Il-2 Sturmovik/ Il-10! I've always loved the look of this craft. It's probably not as good looking as the Spitfire, P51 or Corsair but it sure is a nice looking aircraft. I would've picked the Dornier Do 17 until I remembered this was about beautiful aircraft! :lol:

Now as far as Civil craft go I LOVE the unusual Vickers VC10. It's ugly to some but it's a beautiful craft in many respects. A close second was the Dassault Mercure.

My pick for best looking modern fighter is a hard one because I like alot of them like the Dassault Dornier Alpha Jet, F104, Mirage, Gnat and the Harrier but I choose the A7 Corsair over all of them because of it's great looks.

AND now to switch it up!

My favorite Helicopter is the Westland Sea King and my favorite Chinook is the Piasecki H-21 "Flying Banana"

WW2

Bomber:

US XB-38
Axis He-217

Fighter:

US: P-51D (honorable mention XP-38 Lighting)
British: Spit Mk14 w/bubble canopy)(honorable mention Sea Fury)
German: Fw-190D13 (honorable mention BF-109G)
Japanese: J2M3 Raiden (most honorable mention Zero)
Italian: Macchi C.202

Transport:

US C-47

Cheers,
Biff

Last edited:
From the side the H looks worse then the D.

But from some angles it is much sleeker.
DSC_2226%20P-51H%20N551H%20left%20front%20in%20flight%20l.jpg

Glad someone other than mne likes the F-11! Of course, I also like the F5D Skylancer from the same era.

Best looking for me is a tossup but, as far as fighter go:

1) Prop: Spitfire XVI with bubble canopy has to be in there, but the Sea Fury and Sea Hornet are pretty, too.
2) Jet: F-86F has to be in there, but the F5D and F-11F are pretty, too.
3) Trainer: Has to be the Macchi MC-339.

Glad to see I revived this interesting thread! I'd like to revise my statement about the A7 Corsair and switch it in for the F11 Tiger (especially the earlier version!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back