Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Hawk 75 vs. Mc 200

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • D 520 v. Bf 109E

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • MS 406 v. Fiat G.50

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oreo

Senior Airman
Jul 18, 2008
South Carolina
Again, we are asking you which pair of fighters is most evenly matched in a dogfight. We are assuming everything else is equal, in terms of pilots' ability, stategic situations, etc.

Please don't say "oh, you should have included x-y-z in this poll." No, I have chosen a few based on my own thoughts. Also, please don't say "Those two never met in combat!" Well, I never said they did. However, I will try to limit the options to pairs that did or could have met in combat, with perhaps one or two intriguing exceptions.

yeah-- I almost didn't put that pairing on here because I figured a bunch of people would vote for it "just because" without considering any other options. Oh well. If I had left it out, ten thousand people would have let me know! :)

Hey Oreo you should make your polls multi-choice, there could be several good matches, I can't pick just one. And "make votes public" is good too so we can see who voted for what.

P.S. if you put the Me110 in the poll it should have been against another twin - The Beaufighter or the Whirlwind. would be good...

Hey Oreo you should make your polls multi-choice, there could be several good matches, I can't pick just one. And "make votes public" is good too so we can see who voted for what.

P.S. if you put the Me110 in the poll it should have been against another twin - The Beaufighter or the Whirlwind. would be good...

OK, I'll try a multiple choice one some time, and I'll also include the Bf 110 against the Beau when I do the Western front, 1941-45. For the record, you'll find it also in my poll I already did-- Most evenly matched, MTO.

OK, I'll try a multiple choice one some time, and I'll also include the Bf 110 against the Beau when I do the Western front, 1941-45. For the record, you'll find it also in my poll I already did-- Most evenly matched, MTO.

Oh I didn't see that one, I'll take a look. Although it seems like the Me-110 was a rather poorer performer in those contests.....

I might just have to vote for the Gladiator, probably the only time it could be the "best" or the "most" in any category!! :D :D

Out of this poll I will have to go with the 109 and Spit, but the Bf 109E still held quite an advantage at this point I believe.

The major advantage of the 109 was its fuel injection.

The 109 was a big step over the Hurricane.

The 109 certainly was a big step up over the Hurricane and as Alder says the main area of superiority of the 109E of the Spit Ia was the fuel injection, when this was fixed the match was pretty much even. Also a multi choice poll would make more sense for this type of question as others have said.

The only problem with a multi-choice poll is that it stops being a "most" thing and becomes an "is" thing, which is not what I was after. That would be like saying, "out of these twenty planes, which ones do you think were good?" which in my opinion waters down the results so much as to not make it relavent.

I voted for Spit IA vs Bf 109E, I'm thinking of E-3s and -4s.

Juha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back