Moving

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This was the late 1970's, early 1980's. He did one tour in Korea and then went to FT. Rucker for instructor duty. Unfortunately he and his two students and a fellow instructor bought the farm on 4/14/82. (Hard times for everyone) You know how it is, I'm sure you've had friends go in, I think almost everyone who stays in aviation for any length of time has lost some one they knew.

Sorry to hear about your brother. I am going to have to ask my dad if he was at Flight School at that time.

Talking about Germany, my wife's and my favorite spot is the area around the Neuschwanstein castle. We keep saying that if we ever win the lottery we're moving there. What's your favorite spot over there?

My favorite area would have to be at tie between Schwäbische region (which is where I lived for 20 years of my life, it contains the Blackforest), the Frankonian region (where I live now, it is in northern Bavaria and very beautiful with lots of lakes to hang out at), and the southern Bavarian region (Alps and the area where Neuschwanstein is).

Lesofprimus Der Crewchief: Thanks guys, I appreciate that. Just a few days ago marked the twenty-fifth anniversary of the crash but it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Being the sentimental slob that I am, I don't fly the flag here in Minnesota during the winter because of the crappy weather but I always wait until April 14th to put it up for the first time and then at Half Mast for that first day. Now do you want to hear a real strange coincidence. I've lived here in MN for 15 years now, the first 13 years I was less than 10 miles away from one of my brothers two students home. I didn't know that until last year though. Talk about small world!?

I will ask him, next time we talk on the phone. I really doubt it was during that time because our whole family was there at Mother Rucker with him and I dont recall that, but then again I was a little kid at the time...

OK, when you talk to your dad please find out if he was there. Talking about the southern Bavarian area, I've got to admit that I think it is one of the most beautiful and scenic areas I have ever visited. When my wife, my parents and I drove from Fusen over to the Linderhof castle we must have stopped a half dozen times just to enjoy the view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back