Musician Obituaries

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jane Birkin was found dead at her home in Paris. She was 76 years old. Jane Mallory Birkin, OBE (14 December 1946 – 16 July 2023) was a British-French singer and actress. She attained international fame and notability for her song in 1969 "Je t'aime... moi non plus" ("I love you ... me neither") , a duet with her romantic partner Serge Gainsbourg. In 1983, Hermès chief executive Jean-Louis Dumas was seated next to Birkin on a flight from Paris to London. Birkin explained to Dumas that it had been difficult to find a leather weekend bag she liked. In 1984, he created a black supple leather bag for her: the Birkin bag, based on a 1982 design. The Birkin bag has, over the years, become a status symbol, with prices ranging from US$10,000 to $500,000.

Jane Birkin.jpg

Jane Birkin was found dead at her home in Paris. She was 76 years old. Jane Mallory Birkin, OBE (14 December 1946 – 16 July 2023) was a British-French singer and actress. She attained international fame and notability for her song in 1969 "Je t'aime... moi non plus" ("I love you ... me neither") , a duet with her romantic partner Serge Gainsbourg. In 1983, Hermès chief executive Jean-Louis Dumas was seated next to Birkin on a flight from Paris to London. Birkin explained to Dumas that it had been difficult to find a leather weekend bag she liked. In 1984, he created a black supple leather bag for her: the Birkin bag, based on a 1982 design. The Birkin bag has, over the years, become a status symbol, with prices ranging from US$10,000 to $500,000.

View attachment 730089
She looks quite a bit like the French actress, Françoise Hardy. She was in the 1966 film "Grand Prix".

Attachments

• Francoise-Hardy.jpg
    Francoise-Hardy.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 10
Bruce Guthro of Scottish band Runrig has died at just 62 years-old. Bruce himself was a Canadian from Nova Scotia, so it seems quite appropriate that he enjoyed a career with a Scottish band.

I did one tour with Runrig many years ago, somewhere around 2000. They enjoyed success in the UK and Europe, though not so much across the pond. They were arguable the biggest band in their native Scotland for a while.

Guthro was a great singer, sadly missed.

Bruce Guthro of Scottish band Runrig has died at just 62 years-old. Bruce himself was a Canadian from Nova Scotia, so it seems quite appropriate that he enjoyed a career with a Scottish band.

I did one tour with Runrig many years ago, somewhere around 2000. They enjoyed success in the UK and Europe, though not so much across the pond. They were arguable the biggest band in their native Scotland for a while.

Guthro was a great singer, sadly missed.
Great band.

RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back