Mystery plane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
Too lazy to find it myself :-}

mistery plane.JPG

A wooden fighter .. interesting. I would say a training kite of the Bücker Bü 182 Kornett class. IMHO possible not the German design in the strict sense. Could be a French one or of the collaborating states.

A wooden fighter .. interesting. I would say a training kite of the Bücker Bü 182 Kornett class. IMHO possible not the German design in the strict sense. Could be a French one or of the collaborating states.
Some "Gustavs" had wooden tail.

Shape front part cockpit glazing looks different i think.

IMHO that's the matter of the angle you can have a look at the plane. But other details fit the requested pic in your post. The shape of the fuselage, fin, rudder and elevators. The single strut for the horizontal stabilizers. The triangle in shape slot in the rudder for the elevator rotation pivod. The deep cut in the fuselage for the central cockpit hood. And the central wing shape damaged in the edge where the outer wing parts were attached. Also your idea of the Italian machine is the bull's-eye. So no doubt that's the aircraft.

SAIMAN_202_a.jpg

SAIMAN_202_b.jpg

SAIMAN_202_c.jpg

SAIMAN_202_d.jpg

the pic source: the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back