N1K2-J Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is my trial CG modeling of N1K2-J based on the manual Micdrow introduced. I assume it is useful:)

Nice 3D-modelling, Shinpachi! Always liked the George, both the mid-wing and low-wing versions. What program did you do this in, and are you going to do the whole thing?

Venganza

Nice 3D-modelling, Shinpachi! Always liked the George, both the mid-wing and low-wing versions. What program did you do this in, and are you going to do the whole thing?

Venganza

My 3D tool is 'SHADE' a Japanese local software that can be used like a CAD drawing. Yes, I want to do the whole thing though it may take sometime.
The engine 'Homare' has been completed anyway:)

Attachments

• 0001324.jpg
    0001324.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 655
  • 0001333.jpg
    0001333.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 518
  • 0001728.jpg
    0001728.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 424
Thank you Ivan1GFP for the drawing you posted.
It is sure useful to check the size and layout of each part.

Hello Shinpachi,

No problem re drawing. I might be able to do better though if I can find some other drawings. Is there any note on this drawing about Fuel tank capacities? I believe there are 4 tanks, but can't read any of the notes.

Is anyone interested in the same kind of drawing for a N1K1-J?

In another thread, you posted quite a lot of information about the Nakajima Sakae 21. I was wondering if the compression ratio was specified. It is either 7.0 or 7.2, but I have conflicting sources.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Hi, Ivan.
Thanks for your courtesy and question.

I find no notes about the fuel tank capacities on the drawing you posted.

In case of N1K2-J, they must be -
355 litters for the forward fuselage tank(270 litters in case of bullet-proof).
345 litters for the backward fuselage tank(260 litters in case of bullet-proof).
155 litters x 2 for the wing tank.
400 litters for the drop tank.

Compression ratio for Sakae 21 (or Ha-115 for the army) is 7.2.
It is 6.7 for Sakae 11 (or 12 or Ha-25).

All these values are quoted from operation manuals.

Thanks again for your interest.

Thanks for your interest too, Venganza and Lucky!

Thanks again, Shinpachi.

Here is another drawing that might be of interest. I did a little bit of freehand correction of one of the wingtips where the original was in shadow.

- Ivan.

Attachments

• N1K1-J_Schematic.jpg
    N1K1-J_Schematic.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 744
Hi, Ivan! Many thanks for the excellent drawings N1K1 this time.
They much interest me to know the structure in details.

Please enjoy my CG work N1K2-J, too8)

Attachments

• N1K2-J_00R.JPG
    N1K2-J_00R.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 348
  • Shinpachi_2021c.JPG
    Shinpachi_2021c.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 2,307
Last edited:
Hi Shinpachi,

No problem regarding drawings. I will see if I can find more.

That is a very beautiful Shiden-KAI that you modeled.

Is it available for any of the flight simulators? I also try to build aircraft for Combat Flight Simulator Version 1 sometimes.

- Ivan.

Thanks for the compliment, Ivan.

My N1K2-J will be very heavy for the Combat Flight Simulator
but I may simplify each part if you can reassemble it on a specific software.
My format style will be dxf or 3ds, or lwo.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 331
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 350
Hello Shinpachi,

Thanks for the offer, but I only build aircraft for CFS 1. The polygon limits are VERY low with Aircraft Factory 99. My planes typically end up with around 1100 polygons out of 1200 possible and that includes pieces that are conditional display such as landing gear. I think they end up looking OK for the resources allowed, but they aren't even remotely close to the level of detail in your models. The typical fuselage section is only 12 sided. I figure one of your spark plugs has more polygons than my entire airplane.

This is a link to a page here that has some screenshots I uploaded. The Katakana is a bit amusing and is in line with all the other planes I have built.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/cfs-i-ii-iii/screenshots-2737-6.html

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Nice works, Ivan!
I love them:)

If 'weathering' can be applied on the texture(skin), they would look more real.
Please allow me time to study effective polygon modeling for N1K2-J too.

Your katakana lettering is very good but it is read anahani not necessarily anna honey. Here is my lettering sample in Japanese way of reading for the name.

Thanks again Ivan for your fantastic information8)

Attachments

• Anna_Honey.JPG
    Anna_Honey.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 345
Hellcat? Oh, it reminds me of my ongoing translation(No.79) for you, Aaron.
It will be completed within a few days soon:)

Hi Shinpachi,

How did you put together a reduced polygon Shiden-KAI so quickly? Generally on a QUICK build it takes me around two weeks to get something modeled. Most of the time it takes much longer than that.

Am I to understand that "Shiden-KAI" translated to English is "Hellcat"???

:lol:

The 3D package I am using is called Aircraft Factory 99 from Abacus. It is one of the few tools that can be used to build a plane for CFS1. It is very primitive. As for texturing, consider that an entire wing is covered by an image that is only 256 pixels wide, so 18 feet or so over 256 pixels makes for awfully large pixels.

Thanks for the improved Japanese translations! My only exposure to Japanese was to work with a JMSDF contract for a few years.

- Ivan.

I always draw the lines in Bézier curve for 3D modelling.
So, it can be converted into polygons at any polygonal resolution afterward but -

1100 to 1200 seem too few...
256pixels are too small...

I will try on the Aircraft Factory 99 once.
I never hate this kind of software:)

Hellcat from http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/cfs-i-ii-iii/screenshots-2737-6.html??
Your Japanese lettering looked very natuaral. Maybe influenced by the staff of JMSDF8)

Hi Shinpachi,

Just to change the subject again....

I also posted some screenshots of a Ki-61-I at this link. They give an idea of a typical CFS1 project for me.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/personal-gallery/ki-61-update-17809.html

I built this plane so that my son would have a pretty airplane to fly. It hasn't been released yet because the flight model still has issues and because I haven't selected a paint scheme for it yet.

- Ivan.

A very good job of Ki-61, Ivan:)
It looks amazingly neat work with fewer polygons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back