I'd like to hear more about it too. Do you have photos of your plane? I know it's like asking grandparents if they have any pictures of their grandchildren.
44-80321 L-4J accepted 6 September 1944, for Army Ground Forces, delivered to Holding & Reconsignment Point at Horseheads, Elmira, NY 19 September, Sent to France "Glue"
next USAAF dates are 16 October 1946, div France
30 April 1947 assgn ET
Finally "Acft Assgn FR:ET To:FLC 13 June 1947 A-?105 Terminated"
October 1946 could be return to USAAF control.
FLC is probably Foreign Liquidation Commission, A- the contract number
Hallo A380, ich habe noch einmal nachgesehen und festgestellt, daß Du recht damit hast, daß die F-PDHO ein Selbstbauflugzeug war. Es gibt eine Seite im Internet auf der die diversen Jodeltypen aufgeführt sind, getrennt nach Eigenbau und Serienherstellung. Gruß Rimme
www.flugzeugforum.de
Gives details on 44-80344 for an idea of L-4 operations and maybe a lead on where to find details.
The Fighting Grasshoppers book has a photo of an L-4 that crashed into a haystack while evading a 109. It was 44-80603.
Very interested in those records.
I have 4480321. Like many others, it remained in France after the war and was brought to the UK in the early 80s.
I would love to find some of its service history, before it went on the French civil register.