NARA Rolls for Vought F4U Corsair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rtwpsom2

Airman
May 21, 2013
Hi guys, I am new to the forum and would like to know how one goes about finding out the publication and roll numbers for aircraft blueprints at the National Archives. Or if anyone happens to know what box they are in along with roll numbers I could use that too. Conversely if anyone has the rolls and would like them digitized I will be happy to do that at my expense for you and return the digitizations with the rolls. I do not realistically expect the last scenario to happen, so I could use some help finding the drawings in the archives.

Welcome aboard. When I was searching for the drawings of an aircraft I wanted, I contacted the Smithsonian's NASM for the aircraft I was wanting, and they responded with all the info I needed as well as the cost. The drawings I got on rolls totaled $450.

Good luck!

I am looking at that possibility as well. Right now it looks like rolls are only $30 apiece at the Smithsonian. That is a lot better than NARA's $125 a roll, but for that $125 I could order either a roll or a digitized set. For $30 I have to scan them myself, or just get a reader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back