National Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
On the WX Channel this morning they reminded everyone that this was National Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day. I assume that the creation of this "holiday" involved some degree of recreational drug use but it did start me to thinking about where I'd like to time travel to.

My first thought was early 1942, where I would have told them to forget about the P-40F and L and put the V-1650-1 in the Mustang while pressing hard for the two stage supercharged V-1650-3 to be installed as soon as possible. And tell GM to forget about fooling with that ridiculous P-75 and focus on cooperating with NAA to build the P-82 early.

But then, thinking again, I decided I'd rather go to Feb 1946 instead and watch my airplane roll off the production line. Tell ERCO I was very interested in buying one and ask if I could take a demo ride in S/N 513. Then tell the airplane, "See you in about 43 years, sweetie."

IMG_8914m2.Crop.4x6.jpg

On the WX Channel this morning they reminded everyone that this was National Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day. I assume that the creation of this "holiday" involved some degree of recreational drug use but it did start me to thinking about where I'd like to time travel to.

My first thought was early 1942, where I would have told them to forget about the P-40F and L and put the V-1650-1 in the Mustang while pressing hard for the two stage supercharged V-1650-3 to be installed as soon as possible. And tell GM to forget about fooling with that ridiculous P-75 and focus on cooperating with NAA to build the P-82 early.

But then, thinking again, I decided I'd rather go to Feb 1946 instead and watch my airplane roll off the production line. Tell ERCO I was very interested in buying one and ask if I could take a demo ride in S/N 513. Then tell the airplane, "See you in about 43 years, sweetie."

View attachment 563352
Oooh,shiny! Sweet ride you have.

View attachment 563352
Um, is it a one way trip?

Go back to the morning of November, 1963; then call in a bomb threat: It would alter the motorcade's pathway and save the President's life. It would probably also help end the Cold War earlier and save a lot of lives.

Last edited:
I may use time travel to enrich myself by using lottery numbers and horse racing knowledge.

Or to meet my younger self and advise them of the error of his ways.

If I had to choose saving the world or getting rich quick then I will do as I must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back