Need help finding information... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.edge-gamers.com
Can anyone find pictures and specifications (armor, weapons, top speed, range, etc.) for the Staghound Mk III? I would have posted this in another area, but this seemed to be the only place that would fit the bill of non-aviation related pictures.

PS Yes I did use google and yahoo, but I am currently on my school computer, which blocks the pages for "Adult content" or "weapontry". Grrr, stupid school cpus!

staghoundiii.jpg

Staghound Mk III

Length: 5.38 m (212 inches).
Width: 2.69 m (106 inches).
Height: 2.33 m (92 inches).
Weight: 15.000 kg (33.000 lb.).
Armour: 50 mm (0,195 inches) max.
Engines: 2 GMC 270 6-cylinder, 4.425 cm3 (270 cubic inches) displacement, carburettor, liquid-cooled.
Horsepower: 97 ea. at 3.000 rpm.
Transmission: 4-speed, type GM Detroit Transmission Division Hydramatic .
Transfer case: 2-speed with front axle disconnect, type 3670164.
Electrical system: 24 V.
Brakes: Hydraulic brakes with Bendix Hydrovac power cylinders.
Tyres: 14.00 - 20.
Fording depth:
without preparation: 0.81 m (32 inches).
with deep water fording kit: N/A.
Fuel type: Petrol.
Fuel capacity: 623 liter (137 gallons) including jettison tanks.
Range: 250 km (156 miles) not including jettison tanks.
Crew: 4.
Armament: 75 mm gun, 7.92 mm BESA machine gun, 2 51 mm smoke dischargers.
Additional: A similar model was the T17E2, armed with twin Browning .50-cal. AA MG´s in a British made Frazer-Nash turret. Max. speed was 90 km/h. Other users were Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cuba, Honduras, Lebanon, the Netherlands, New Zealand, India, Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), Saudi Arabia and South Africa.
http://www.armyvehicles.dk/staghound.htm

More pics:

gregg03.jpg

staghound%20mk%20III.jpg

Hope that helps.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love to have a tank to be able to run over all the idiots that can not drive here.

Henk

I would love to build a replica of a King Tiger, but a static one. I wish I had the money, but it must be great to build your own one and be able to drive it around.

Henk

Yes, those Sun of a birches can not drive for shit. I will drive over all those TAXIS that cause all the shit. Pretoria ( oh sorry the stupid assholes of a government calls it now POLEKWANE ) is way nicer place than Joburg, only thing is it is very hot.

Have you been to South Africa Gnomey?

Henk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back