Need help finding information...

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
1,264
10
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Website
www.edge-gamers.com
Can anyone find pictures and specifications (armor, weapons, top speed, range, etc.) for the Staghound Mk III? I would have posted this in another area, but this seemed to be the only place that would fit the bill of non-aviation related pictures.

PS Yes I did use google and yahoo, but I am currently on my school computer, which blocks the pages for "Adult content" or "weapontry". Grrr, stupid school cpus!
 
staghoundiii.jpg


Staghound Mk III

Length: 5.38 m (212 inches).
Width: 2.69 m (106 inches).
Height: 2.33 m (92 inches).
Weight: 15.000 kg (33.000 lb.).
Armour: 50 mm (0,195 inches) max.
Engines: 2 GMC 270 6-cylinder, 4.425 cm3 (270 cubic inches) displacement, carburettor, liquid-cooled.
Horsepower: 97 ea. at 3.000 rpm.
Transmission: 4-speed, type GM Detroit Transmission Division Hydramatic .
Transfer case: 2-speed with front axle disconnect, type 3670164.
Electrical system: 24 V.
Brakes: Hydraulic brakes with Bendix Hydrovac power cylinders.
Tyres: 14.00 - 20.
Fording depth:
without preparation: 0.81 m (32 inches).
with deep water fording kit: N/A.
Fuel type: Petrol.
Fuel capacity: 623 liter (137 gallons) including jettison tanks.
Range: 250 km (156 miles) not including jettison tanks.
Crew: 4.
Armament: 75 mm gun, 7.92 mm BESA machine gun, 2 51 mm smoke dischargers.
Additional: A similar model was the T17E2, armed with twin Browning .50-cal. AA MG´s in a British made Frazer-Nash turret. Max. speed was 90 km/h. Other users were Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cuba, Honduras, Lebanon, the Netherlands, New Zealand, India, Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), Saudi Arabia and South Africa.
http://www.armyvehicles.dk/staghound.htm

More pics:

gregg03.jpg

staghound%20mk%20III.jpg


Hope that helps.
 
No problem. Personally I would take the Puma, it is much cooler than the Staghound.
 
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love to have a tank to be able to run over all the idiots that can not drive here.

Henk
 
No problem.
 
I would love to build a replica of a King Tiger, but a static one. I wish I had the money, but it must be great to build your own one and be able to drive it around.

Henk
 
Henk, they are not cheap but running large scale models, www.interdacom.ru/~tanks

You will find a 1/6 scale Puma

Length - 113 cm
Width - 38 cm
Height - 40 cm

Prices - $3500

And another source, http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/index.html
 
Yes, those Sun of a birches can not drive for shit. I will drive over all those TAXIS that cause all the shit. Pretoria ( oh sorry the stupid assholes of a government calls it now POLEKWANE ) is way nicer place than Joburg, only thing is it is very hot.

Have you been to South Africa Gnomey?

Henk
 
Nope, might go this summer. I have been to Madagascar, Tanzania and Kenya and my dad has been to Jo'burg. In Africa no matter where you are the people cannot drive (or necessarily know where they are going).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back