Need help guys

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vassili Zaitzev

Master Sergeant
Nov 25, 2005
Connecticut, United States
I was driving with my mom back from Mass when we saw a plane, and pulled over to get a better look. Unfortunately, I did not have time to take a photo with my camera phone. I thought it was a C-130, it looked like a four engined prop. The plane was, however, silver in color and had a red tailfin, or the tail in general. If anybody has any knowledge of vintage aircraft in the area, or if C-130's are painted silver; that be great. The nearest airforce bases to where I live, Stafford Connecticut, is Westover in Chicopee, Massachusetts. There's another base in Westfield.

I know some of the senior members here have pretty good knowledge. If anybody knows if there are vintage aircraft flying around Mass, or sliver C-130's, that'd be great. If not, no big deal, but I was curious as to what it was.

Don't know if it's still a current USAF colour scheme, but some 'MAC' C130's at one time were in overall natural metal, with an 'Arctic Red' fin and tail, and probably wing tips too.

I've seen firefighter C-130's with a red tail.

maybe coastguard orange

Attachments

• C-130x.jpg
    C-130x.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 13894.png.jpg
    13894.png.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Yeah, first thing that came to mind was a fire-bomber...they usually have red tails.

We used to have firefighting Hercs out here until a few crashed, and CDF pulled 'em, though the Airforce still uses them (subdued though, no red like the CDF aircraft).

We still have P-3 Orions in firefighting service (with red tails)...could it have been that?

(In the photo, C-130 above, P-3 below)

Attachments

• P-3_C-130.jpg
    P-3_C-130.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 83
Im pretty sure I remember one that used to go to the tanker base in Fresno that had an all red tail (not pictured). They do quite a bit of traveling and go where the fires are...

When I said they go where the fires are...I mean It could be a thousand miles if its big enough..

Canada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back