Need help in finding a 1/48 Accurate Miniatures SBD-1 or a missing part on mine

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The 48 070 is for the SBD-3 and is not the same. I thought of removing the part from the Aires engine but it does not have the hose coming down from the bottom and the square part at the 2 o'clock position. See my post on scratch building the missing part for the kit engine. Much more satisfying.

As memo serves the SBD-1 R-1820-32 and the SBD-3 R-1820-52 looked the same. The later variants got the one of more power that looked a little bit different.. The one of the Aires for the B-17 seems to be more approperiate for the later SBD bombers rather.

Last edited:
Yep... this can get it sorted out.

However they seem to have it... you may give it try..
Here is the main list ... scroll down to the number 9 on the list. At the number 4 there is also the engine but it is for the Hasegawa kit. .QB48052 But you need the QB48070.

UMM-USA

and here the engine set ...

UMM-USA

and here the cocntact ways. I would phone them firstly to be sure if it is still in their offer. But it seems it is.

UMM-USA
Looking at the engine again by Quick Boost 48 070 You're right It is the engine that would fit. I will order it as a back-up but continue working on the one that I started. Thank you

Good luck Mate. :thumbright: :thumbleft:

The Quick Boost 48 070 engine set is recommended for the SBD-1 to 3 so it should fit fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back