Need ID help with tanks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I believe I saw a couple of Japanese tanks. That is one interesting parking lot.
Jacques had 245 AFVs in his collection at the high point with one tank coming in every week. He loved to play with the toys as well ! He had one or two non tank things like this prop off the Lusitiana. I think the family kept that.

Attachments

• img566.jpg
    img566.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • img568.jpg
    img568.jpg
    829 KB · Views: 41
  • img570.jpg
    img570.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Tieleader Tieleader , however, not all of the vehicles were identified... so... the first and second image present the post-war Hotchkiss CC2 Nachschubpanzer also called SPz 42-1 kurz based on the Hotchkiss TT-6 and used by the West German Mechanized Infantry in late 50' and early 60'. It looks like somebody added the top body in order to make it similar to a WW2 German SPG. The one in your pic is still having the front and back supports for handrails. The participation in a movie is very likely as it was suggested.

CC1.jpg

CC1_a.jpg

the source: https://milweb.net/classifiedsLegacy.php?type=1&h=22

When I mentioned it possibly being an ex-movie vehicle, it was exactly that I had in mind.
Done up to look like a Marder, and seen in the movie during the American scenes in the woods, and, of course, on the bridge.

And #7 (IMG575) is a USMC M-88 heavy armored recovery vehicle with the a-frame folded down and no extra track blocks on the side. Picture is of a German M-88, but still the same vehicle.

M88_Armored_Recovery_Vehicle_in_pm.jpg

Of course with the Marines retiring (i.e., getting rid of) their M-1 Abrams tanks, I would guess that the M-88 will be going away also.

Jim

It's OK. My first impression was the M88 as well. But when I looked more close up I found that the body had two doors at the port side while the M88 had one only. ALso the M88 had three guiding/support rollers for the tracks and these were quite close to the road wheels. The M51 had them four and more moved up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back