New 1/32 Lancaster model kit!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Upkeep

Recruit
Aug 25, 2009
Hi guys,

I'm unsure if this info has already been posted elsewhere in the forum, apparently a new 1/32 Lancaster weekly collect kit series goes on sale in the UK Aug 26th.

TV ad:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKQJQMCCvn0

Order line: The Lancaster Bomber Magazine - Build your own model of the world's most famous WWII Bomber

Publisher Hachette - The Lancaster Bomber - Weekly, 125 parts. Part 1 - £0.50, Part 2 - £2.99, Part 3 onwards £4.99.

" week by week easy to follow instructions enabling you to build your own 1/32 Avro Lancaster B1 MK1 Heavy Bomber. Each issue comes with high quality parts. Also learn more about the fascinating history of Lancaster Bombers British Military aviation. "

A whopping total of £621.25 :shock:

I did not see the wing span listed. Any guesses? I would have to get a larger apartment for it.

DBII

Last edited:
Ah I really hate these magazine things. I'm yet to meet anyone whose collected an entire series. I believe there was make your own working steam engine a few years back. RC car as well, a ww2 aircraft collection, the ideas are endless.

Still it would be nice if Revell was listening after their wonderful 1/32 Ju88 release!

I agree that certainly would be great DBII. Maybe a Mossi, they'd probably beat Airfix to it aswell regarding their 1/24 behemoth.

Yep, it sounds good, but for the price, after collecting the magazines for over a year, it's a bit steep! And, of course, the need for a separate room to display it as it would deserve! There was a company (in the UK) producing 1/32nd scale vac-forms of the Lanc, Halifax and B17 a few years back, and I saw a beautiful Lanc of theirs at an IPMS show. It's bl**dy big I can tell you!
I agree, I'd like to see Revell (Germany) follow up their beautiful JU88 with a B25, and certainly a new Mossie, preferably with the option for bomber and fighter, as in the old Monogram 1/48th scale kit. A Heinkel He111 and Dornier Do17 would be nice too, in time for the 70th anniversary of the BoB. Are you there Revelll.....?? Oh, and can I have a Lottery grant to build an extension to my house please?? It's for a good cause, art, history etc...honest!

If Revells listening ,I'd buy a 1/32 Mossie - even if it was a little more than your Ju-88

1/32 Lancaster - why not just bloody build a real one? proberly be cheaper

I did build the fokker Dr1 triplane a couple of years ago and that turned out to be a superb model and bloody large over a 3 foot wingspan .I sold it for 300 quid in the end on ebay but it was fun to build seeing it come togetherover a year.BB

I think you have got to actually subscribe to Deagostini to get the whole lot to get these 1/144 little un's :rolleyes:

That other paper balsa wood Lanc' is crap ! OK if you want it to be done as a flying one with tiny electric motors and can only be seen at a DISTANCE.

ian.

Last edited:
1/32 Lancaster - why not just bloody build a real one? proberly be cheaper

Been there done that (see below), building the magazine Lanc (to go with the full-size) and the work gone into creating this masterpiece is simply stunning. What is also lacking from other kits, is the detailed documentation that come with magazine.

CanadianMk X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back